What's new

What to believe/do?

OleVaSmoker

Leafman
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this has been covered please disregard,
I'm new to pipes as of this past January and am quite enjoying the hobby and am curious as to if/how pending or new rules or regulations are about to change pipe tobacco prices and availability.
I read a bit about people cellaring as much as they can to be ready for at least two years or so and am curious, is it necessary? Are prices and availability about to skyrocket and be that bad?
Thanks.

Rating - 100%
151   0   0
From what I have read, all shop blends will be gone. Anything mixed in house will be a thing of the past. Also Bulk will be gone and everything will have to be prepackaged from a factory. As far as the blends going away, I think the year in question was 2007...so any blend out prior to that year is grandfathered in but anything coming out after that year will disappear. I could be all wrong but that's what I remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I too need to start doing this. I had a grand plan late 2016 but it all went to hell and I went on a cigar buying spree instead. Funny thing is, I enjoy the pipe more. I've got 5 tins of stuff I like on the way but I need to get better about trying to place an order a month for a few months just to be stocked up. When the prices skyrocket I'll be happy I did this.

Do you guys think prices will skyrocket on blends that came out before 2007 as well?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's impossible to say what night happen. Ill buy a few tins anytime the mood strikes, and try to support local ships when possible.

I've ended up with quite a substantial cellar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Do you guys think prices will skyrocket on blends that came out before 2007 as well?
I don't think they will for 98% of the blends that are easily attainable today. I think regulatory fees and taxes will be the biggest factors in our cellars appreciating over the next decade or 2. With that said i think pipe tobacco is a pretty solid investment for a small portion of your portfolio.