What's new

What vitolas would you like to see more of?

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Liga Privada No. 9 Corona gordo.

I know that wasn't the question, but thats my answer.
Haha, did you see my OP? This is exactly what I was looking for actually but i wasn't specific enough in my thread title.
Yeah, I realized immediately after posting that was exactly what you were asking. :smoke:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lonsadales, coronas, nothing new to add here.....

It is discouraging to read about these 60+ RG that keep coming out and people go crazy over them. There is so much more to be had out of a smaller RG cigar. Just my opinion.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
The masses can keep buying the larger ones. That will leave more skinnies for me! At least to a point, until cigar makers make less and less of them.

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you're referring to the Asylum 13 80rg, yes that's insanely big. The blend is awesome though, I love that flavor profile. I wish they would make a 6x50 or 6.5x50 instead of the 6x60 because a 52-54 is my max and I really prefer 50s. Unfortunately the Asylum 13 is only available in a 5x50, 6x60, 7x70 and now the new 80.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Lancero's and Lonsdales are starting to pick up in popularity but in reality these are sizes that cater to smokers who know what they are talking about and don't have the same kind of mass appeal of some of the larger RG stuff. Plus, it is much more difficult to roll blends in these sizes due to the small RG and usually only the better and more experiences rollers are capable of pushing out consistently good ones from what I understand.
I hear this all the time, that there's no mass appeal of skinny cigars (especially Habanos but that's for another time) yet any decent blend in a Lonsdale or Lancero is quite hard to get. I've been waiting on LP L40s and Don Carlos Lanceros since Noah was building the ark.
Yea, When the hell is he going to be done with that ark? I need some L40s!!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Are threy making larger cutters to go along with these ridiculous 70 and 80 ring gauges? Even if I wanted to try one out, I'm not sure what I'd even cut it with......

I really like petite corona and robusto sizes, with the occassional lancero or lonsdale.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Are threy making larger cutters to go along with these ridiculous 70 and 80 ring gauges? Even if I wanted to try one out, I'm not sure what I'd even cut it with......

I really like petite corona and robusto sizes, with the occassional lancero or lonsdale.
No, you must not understand how to cut these. Since they are about the size of a tree trunk now you gotta chainsaw the end off. Make sure the blade is good though, otherwise you'll get a rough cut or even worse the thing can get stuck half way thru.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I think every good blend should see a Lancero and a petite corona or short.

If a cigar is over 54-rg, it should be either box pressed or have a tapered head.