What's new

What was that one cigar?

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
As I was smoking my first ever AF Hemingway the other day, it reminded me of the one cigar that really got me started on this crazy cigar journey I am on. It was another AF cigar, the Flora Fina 8-5-8 that started it for me. I had had a few other cigars before then, mostly NC La Gloria and Partagas, but they didn't do much for me. But something about that 8-5-8 hit my palette right, and that was all she wrote. So my question is; what was that one cigar that got you?

My first Hemingway, but not the last.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
a Cuban Montecristo Open Master. It was my first Cuban and at the time I was thinking about jumping into this hobby more seriously. This did it for me!

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
There were two, actually. The first was a Padron 1926 No 2, and the second was a Trinidad Robusto Extra. The Padron was the first "good" cigar I ever tried, which made me wonder if there were others that tasted this good. So, I ordered the Trinidad, smoked it, and that was it. Those two cigars still remain in my top 5.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
For me it was a Gurkha Grand Age. Loved it then.... Don't like them much anymore, but it set me on my way.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
There were two, actually. The first was a Padron 1926 No 2, and the second was a Trinidad Robusto Extra. The Padron was the first "good" cigar I ever tried, which made me wonder if there were others that tasted this good. So, I ordered the Trinidad, smoked it, and that was it. Those two cigars still remain in my top 5.
Nice, I have a Padron 1926 No 9 on the menu for my cruise next week.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try not to laugh, but Backwoods did it for me. A buddy gave me one when we were fishing and I really enjoyed what it added to the experience. Always had a pack in the tackle box after that. Guess it was just a natural progression from there.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The second cigar that I ever smoked was also the best cigar that I've ever smoked. An Ashton Churchill natural. I've smoked many Ashtons since, as well as many other really good cigars, but none compare to that particular Ashton. But I'm still looking!

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
My first "real" cigar was a Cohiba that I had in Germany in 2004. I was very new to cigars and had several beers & shots of schnapps in my system at that point so I didn't pay much attention to which specific vitola it was but if memory serves me correctly it would have been about the size of a Siglo VI. It may have even been a Sublime which was released about that time.

I remember being blown away by how smooth this cigar was and how long it lasted (2-1/2 hours). Up until that point I had only smoked the cheap stuff (Dutch Masters, Swishers) and was instantly hooked on premium cigars.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Oh man! *drool* Those are absolutely delicious! The last No 9 I had took me 2 hours 45 minutes to finish, lol, bliss the entire time.
It has taken some significant willpower on my part to let that one sit until I am on the ship.

xFreebirdx

Patriot Guard Rider
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I'm still looking for that "one" cigar but Bill Clinton and Lewinsky found theirs.......... :help:

Clinton and Lewinksi cigar brand revealed

When the President of the United States smokes your cigar – you know you have something special. And when you have a special relationship….
So the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal is old news, but it has finally been confirmed by several inside sources that Gurhka Cigar Company’s flagship cigar the Grand Reserve, was the cigar that was used during their “special relationship” in the white house.

Gurhka has recently released the following statement, "Bill Clinton would not smoke anything short of the best-of-the-best, thus why he kept several Gurkha Cigars, producers of the most expensive cigars in the world, around his office for special occasions. Several inside sources have finally confirmed that Gurkha Cigars was indeed the cigar that was used between Monica Lewinsky and Bill Clinton. It was in fact the Grand Reserve Gurkha Cigar, which has been reported to be one of Bill Clinton’s favorite stogies!"
The news has come out in conjunction with the production of an HBO movie about Bill Clinton entitled “Special Relationship” in which Gurhka’s Grand Reserve is likely to be featured. Dennis Quaid will be playing the role of Bill Clinton, while Hilary Clinton is set to be played by Julianne Moore.
Gurhka has established itself as the Rolls Royce in the cigar community, consistently producing the world’s most expensive and exclusive cigars – including the Black Dragon which was released in 2006 with only had 5 boxes of 100 cigars each, retailing for an astonishing $115,000 a box.
Gurhka currently has over 20 different lines of cigars in its portfolio but the production is very limited on a majority of their cigars making them more sought after by those looking for a more exclusive smoke. Beyond former President Clinton, Gurhka has an extensive list of celebrities and political figures that are avid Gurhka cigar smokers including Matthew McConaughey, Andy Garcia, Matt Lauer and even Lindsey Lohan.
But don’t feel too left out if you can’t afford to smoke a thousand dollar cigar, Gurhka’s extensive line of cigars include many which run under $15 a stick, including the Grand Reserve that President Clinton was so fond of.
So light up the comments section with your favorite Gurhka cigar!
http://www.examiner.com/article/clinton-and-lewinksi-cigar-brand-revealed

Last edited: