What's new

What would you do? And a question on a couple of bands.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I ordered some Illusiones from an online vendor over last weekend and the cigars got to me a day or two ago. When they got here, I noticed a couple of things that stuck out.

Primarily, the Illusione HL that I had ordered had suffered some damage. There was some flaking around the foot, which I don't really mind at all, but it was worth note and a small gouge about an inch below the band. That gouge is what's got me concerned. I reckon I could probably still smoke it just by covering it with my finger, right? Do you think it's worth bothering the company about? All of the other sticks I ordered showed up fine; I figure this was just a fluke and it was just the one stick.

Here are some pictures.

Next thing I noticed were the bands on the Illusione MKs that I ordered. I had expected the bands to say "Illusione MK", but instead they're identical to the HL. What's the story behind the bands? I know the original release of the MOW Ruination had the same band as the regular MOW, but had an extra foot band to distinguish them. Is this a similar thing, but they figure you'll be able to tell them apart because of the size?

Thanks folks. :)

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You got mk sizes with HL bands?

Hmmmm....Something does not smell right here.

mk and hl's have different bands. See for yourself.

http://www.illusionecigars.com/
Yeah, it is a bit odd, and I know the MKs have their own bands, but I'm hoping that there may be another explanation for this before I start to think something fishy is going on.

That last picture washed out the bands, but I could retake it I suppose. The one above it is the same 3 sticks though.

Edit: The vendor was cigarsatyourprice.com

I don't think it's foul play yet, why they would switch out bands? Everything else about the order was great.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Is the vendor an official retailer of Illusione? It should say on the Illusione website under "where to buy"

If so, I would contact the vendor and request them to send you a replacement single for the HL and don't worry about the bands on the mk if they're official retailer for Illusione. Probably was a mixup at the factory.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would at the least contact them about the issue. If they are reputable you should get a discount at the least.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd contact the vendor and bring the situations to their attention and see what they want to do. Any reputable vendor should try to make things right somehow for the damaged HL.

As for the MKs with the wrong bands, maybe they have an explanation. Or you might want to contact Dion's shop and ask them if there was a problem at their factory at some point with the wrong bands being used. Strange mixup yes, but similar mistakes have happened before with other brands.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Is the vendor an official retailer of Illusione? It should say on the Illusione website under "where to buy"

If so, I would contact the vendor and request them to send you a replacement single for the HL and don't worry about the bands on the mk if they're official retailer for Illusione. Probably was a mixup at the factory.
Yes, they're affiliated with Nice Ash Cigars in NY, which is listed in their dealers section.

Hopefully they'll do that. I'll send them an email. If they offer to send a replacement I'll probably end up making another order with them when they send it out. Might as well hop on the package they'll already be shipping. Be kinda silly to ship just one little cigar. lol.

I'd contact the vendor and bring the situations to their attention and see what they want to do. Any reputable vendor should try to make things right somehow for the damaged HL.

As for the MKs with the wrong bands, maybe they have an explanation. Or you might want to contact Dion's shop and ask them if there was a problem at their factory at some point with the wrong bands being used. Strange mixup yes, but similar mistakes have happened before with other brands.
Maybe I will send Dion's shop a message and see what information they might have for me. That is a good suggestion.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Aahhhh, nice ash cigars! I've bought boxes or gift samplers(which was in a box) in the past and never had a problem. But when I would order a single stick or two, I've never received one that didn't get fucked up in the mailing process. They don't package single sticks worth a shit! I apologize for the bold comments, I never made a big deal to them either. I'm annoyed to see this.

My advice: buy from newhavanacigars.com. I know Nice ash cigars has competitive prices compared to NHC. Consider the extra few dollars as insurance. Dan never fails to have your cigars safetly delivered.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
A few friends and I got down on an order from cigarsatyourprice.com, and we ordered a few single sticks and a couple five packs and we didnt have a problem at all. I still would contact them though and see what they can do for you.

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
A few friends and I got down on an order from cigarsatyourprice.com, and we ordered a few single sticks and a couple five packs and we didnt have a problem at all. I still would contact them though and see what they can do for you.
Yeah I would definitely give them a call. The cup & I had a good experience with them, and I've spoken with them on the phone several times. I think they'll probably straighten things out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
Tiny foot damage I may be ok with, any other damage no way. Especially around the head...that seems to screw up the whole smoking experience.

Holler at the vendor, they should make it right. no worries.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I've had issues with NAS and their various sites as well. But email customer service those pictures, and ask them what's up ... clearly these were rebanded!

MiamiE

Herfing 24/7
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Email them. I have purchased several boxes from them and all have been legit!

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
That is fishy. There is no reason for an ~hl~ band to be on an ~mk~ unless it was rebanded by the vendor. I'd ask for my money back and never use them again.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I was curious what the scoop was here so I shot Dion an email asking him about it. Looks like nothing to worry about, here's his reply:

I came across a few as well. I think the rollers just F'ed up a few boxes before they realized.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I was curious what the scoop was here so I shot Dion an email asking him about it. Looks like nothing to worry about, here's his reply:

I came across a few as well. I think the rollers just F'ed up a few boxes before they realized.

Thanks for that info bud. :)

I contacted the store and the credited me back the money I spent on the stick. I just sent them the pictures of the HL and they fixed it. I was happy with the arrangement.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
Then it all worked out good. I have ordered from each of their sites in the past and any issue I have had they have always fixed.