What's new

What would you do if?

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
How many have you tried smoking?
I bought a box of those and they're all smoking great. Money well spent. Plus I think we all know Jon Huber stands by his product.
Maybe it's just luck of the draw? Pun intended.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You know what maybe I jumped the gun pre maturely. Not sure how cigars are packaged or sorted but the top row of the box which I smoked 6 all has problems 3 being plugged and the other 3 very tight draw where a poker was needed. Grabbed one from the bottom and its smoking great. Just kind of sucks with something so limited that 6 in a row would be bad. With a a lot of releases this year this being my only issue, just dislike having to not enjoy about 50-60$ worth of stogies.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I think it's pretty well documented that Crowned Heads stand behind their product. Did you contact them or just hope in calling them out they would respond here? How long ago did you purchase the box?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contacted Jon but he stated that draw was subjective. No response since. Purchased the box when they released earlier this year, was letting them sit to see if it was over humidification

Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Return policy from retailer is no returns on limiteds found that out today.
I bought two boxes of that cigar in that size without issue. In fact of all the boxes we sold, none have been returned for draw issues.

Did they have draw issues 6 months ago, or just now after sitting in your humidor for 6 months?

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Maybe a sign Pepin is diluting himself too much. Gotta wonder how much he can take on before quality control suffers. Had a fiver of Cabaiguan Guapos recently that were underfilled, which is almost as bad as them being plugged. Utterly unsmokeable. Wonky burn, alternating between burning too hot and not staying lit. Just a hassle to keep sparking up your torch every 2 minutes. Also, had a La Duena petit belicoso that was unsmokeable recently due to being plugged. No, it's not humi issues. I'm no noob, these are construction issues.

These are obviously anecdotal accounts but I never used to have issues with anything from Pepin, absolutely zero. I mean, out of 24 in a box all 24 would have perfect construction and perfect draw. So it is very possible to have that high level of QC.