What's new

What would you do with $200?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As a Father's Day gift, my lovely and wonderful wife bought me a $200 gift certificate to my local B&M. I'd love to spend it, but I've been having too much fun trying to figure out what to buy with it.

I'll probably end up putting it toward a box of one of my go-to smokes, but I figured it would make a good discussion topic and maybe you guys could give me some better ideas.

If you were handed $200 that you had to spend on cigars, what would you buy?

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I'd most likely buy a box of brown labels or Padron anni's. Can't go wrong w/ either, and they'll both age appropriately.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd get a couple of God of Fire, and a few Ashton 21 Year Salutes. Never had either because of the price but, if given 200 bucks I'd have to try 'em.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Man some guys have all the luck :grin:. I suppose if I "had" to spend it on cigars I would first get a box of Padron 2000 Maduros. I would probably spend the rest loading up on random sticks I wanted to try or have tried and wanted more of :grin:. Would depend on who my local B&M was cause my local isn't really a B&M and doesn't carry Padron or Tat (just to name a few). And if (for example) my local was 2 Guys Smoke Shop, I may have to restock my dwindling DPG Firecracker supply. Happy Father's Day and enjoy the shopping spree!!

Dan

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Wow I got all excited by the title and then found out there was a restriction on the $200. I'd get a sweet ashtray if you don't have one and smoke around some Nicaraguan produced cigars.

If it were unrestricted I'd get a large kiddie pool and fill it with babyoil or KY. Then invite a sorority to the house......

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Wow I got all excited by the title and then found out there was a restriction on the $200. I'd get a sweet ashtray if you don't have one and smoke around some Nicaraguan produced cigars.

If it were unrestricted I'd get a large kiddie pool and fill it with babyoil or KY. Then invite a sorority to the house......
LOL!!!! I like the way you think!

I would buy a box of PAM 80ths

CaTeacher

BoM May 2012
Rating - 100%
222   0   0
I'd spend the $200 trying smokes you've always wanted to try. In the case, you've tried most smokes out there, I'd buy a box of some high end smokes (Padron 80th, GoF etc.) and smoke one each Father's Day until they're gone and reflect on what a kick ass wife you have.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
when I was @ Casa Fuente this past weekend they had a cigar that I had never heard of or seen on the forbiden x shelf that retailed for $125 so I would buy that or put it towards a cigar in a bottle both of which I could never ordinarily justify the purchase of.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Nailed it. I'd do the same thing.

Posted via Mobile Device
Damn, you're a genius. Great idea! HAHA. You could work up a decent stash of 40ths, 80ths, Opus, etc. and then not worry about what they cost when you wanted to pull one out! I find I enjoy my high dollar stuff when I just grab it on a whim versus planning some big thing over it.

swat253

CRA Member #206760
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I'd grab a handful (5) of Padron Hammers and then apply the rest to premium singles.

Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I would spend the 200 on premium stuff I wouldn't buy regularly ( ESG, Padron Ani, Opus...) and then spend another 200 on the usual. The theme lately has been spend what I can afford and then double that number.