What's new

What would you get? Gift for an uncle.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Hi all,

I don't smoke pipes anymore, but I am looking to purchase one for my uncle. Actually, my wife's uncle. That doesn't matter. At any rate, he's a really, really great guy who has helped us out quite a bit professionally and refuses to allow us to compensate him.

I'd like to get him a new pipe, something up to the $300 range. He loves woodworking, he also tinkers and makes steampunk-style lamps, so I thought at first maybe an H Weibe Radiator, but I don't know how those actually smoke.

Anyway, I would be interested in hearing your thoughts!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I personally don't have a radiator pipe, but from a few friends that do, they love it and smokes cool. Plus it's a neat looking pipe for a conversation piece. You can also buy other bowls for them too. I think Chris Morgan did a "bones" bowl for Hekthor as well to put on the radiator.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
When I got a "treat" for myself, I got a Ron Powell pipe because I heard good things and, well it lived up to the hype. Fantastic workmanship and beautiful pipes.

Have never owned a radiator so have no opinion of them...yet

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
If he has a local pipe shop, go with him and let him pick out one.

He will get what he wants, and you might have $$ left to take him out for dinner.

Pipes are very personal, we all have a favorite ........

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
When you ask "What to get for an uncle/" first thing I thought of was a gym membership for your aunt?