What's new

Whatever happend to Pepin's Pelo de Oro?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
oh... here it is! :ccowboy:

Miami Cigar Debuts Nestor Miranda Art Deco Cigars
New Dominican-Nicaraguan blend offered unique challenge for Pepin Garcia

MIAMI, FL -- August 5, 2010 -- In now another collaborative effort from the award-winning team of Nestor Miranda & Don Pepin Garcia, creators of the renowned Nestor Miranda Collection cigars, Miami Cigar & Company will officially announce their newest release, Nestor Miranda Art Deco at the IPCPR 78th Annual Convention and International Trade Show in New Orleans (August 9 - 13, 2010).

The blend consists of 60% Nicaraguan Pelo de Oro and 40% Dominican San Vicente, dual Dominican Criollo '98/Nicaraguan Habano '00 binder, and a dark, oily and aromatic Nicaraguan Corojo '06 wrapper leaf affixed with a triple cap. A metallic band gives the cigars a finishing touch with a striking contrast.

Don Jose 'Pepin' Garcia, renowned for his creativity with Nicaraguan tobacco, has also chosen a Dominican San Vicente leaf, which comprises more than a third of the blend's core leaves. Another Dominican-Nicaraguan combination is used for the binders. When capped with the Nicaraguan Corojo '06 wrapper, the cigar offers a dark, rich-tasting smoke that provides a unique balance of aroma, flavor and strength.

"We wanted to get Pepin out of his comfort zone, which is using Nicaraguan tobacco," said Nestor Miranda. "He accepted the challenge and came out with an amazing blend using 40% Dominican tobacco."

In lieu of the traditional wood boxes, Nestor Miranda Art Deco is presented in a handsome, metallic art-deco designed tins of 21 cigars, in three popular sizes:

Coffee Break / 4.5 x 50
Robusto Grande / 5.5 x 54
Gran Toro / 6 x 60

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
From what I know, the pelo de oro is limited quantity. I'm using only 15% in the 2009 La Verite. 60% seems to be a high amount.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This information is incorrect. That blend DOES NOT have Pelo de Oro. The quantity of Pelo de Oro that we have in inventory is very little and it's reserved exclusively for two new projects that are coming in the future. I've spoken with Miami Cigar regarding this mistake.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
This information is incorrect. That blend DOES NOT have Pelo de Oro. The quantity of Pelo de Oro that we have in inventory is very little and it's reserved exclusively for two new projects that are coming in the future. I've spoken with Miami Cigar regarding this mistake.
Thanks for the info Janny.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
From what I know, the pelo de oro is limited quantity. I'm using only 15% in the 2009 La Verite. 60% seems to be a high amount.
I was gonna say the same thing as soon as I saw 60%.
Pepin has Pello de Oro, no questions about that... but he does not have that much yet...

Thanks Janny for clearing that up.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I'm very interested in this release though. Nestor & Pepin? It's got to be one helluva smoke, but have to wonder about using criollio, habana & corojo. It kinda seems like there is going to be a lot of flavor trying top out the others...but that's why I'm here & Nestor & Pepin are making the smokes.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I missed this thread earlier... thanks for clearing that up Janny as that really is a big mistake if Miami Cigar Co was promoting that. My interest was piqued as I really loved the flavor in the 2009 La Verite and am looking forward to trying Pepin's new cigars with it!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
FYI, saw today on CA blog that the new My Father limited edition 2010 has the Pelo d'Oro. 2000 boxes with total run of 24K cigars at $20 a pop. They were made only by Pepin and Janny with Pepin doing all the rolling. Pepin said its too difficult to grow and will never use it again.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
FYI, saw today on CA blog that the new My Father limited edition 2010 has the Pelo d'Oro. 2000 boxes with total run of 24K cigars at $20 a pop. They were made only by Pepin and Janny with Pepin doing all the rolling. Pepin said its too difficult to grow and will never use it again.
Yep, that's what Pepin told me last month... that's why I bought a box already! :)

And to correct your statement, it was Jaime that helped Pepin make the cigar, not Janny. Jaime did the bunching while Pepin rolled'em. I also wonder if David Savona at CA got the price wrong... everywhere I've seen and the B&M's I've spoken to said the MSRP is $25, not $20 as is stated in his blog... Obviously he was there so he should know, but I wonder if that is a typo or he simply got it wrong.

Last edited:

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I hope that "I won't grow it again" comment was said out of frustration rather than hard fact. If it's that good, it would be a shame not to have some around. And if it's only in the $20-$25 cigars, it seems worth it. But hey, I don't have to deal with it :)

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
The cigar looks mighty tasty though!

And here's the correct blend...

The blend consists of 60% Nicaraguan Corojo 99 and 40% Dominican San Vicente, dual Dominican Criollo ‘98/Nicaraguan Habano ‘00 binder, and a dark, oily and aromatic Nicaraguan Corojo ‘06 wrapper leaf affixed with a triple cap

pic courtesy of the cigar feed