What's new

What's everyone cooking for the 4th?

CigarSaint

Who Dat!
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Slowing cooking Ribs and then burgers on the Green Egg. Lots of beer will be drank and going to try the new white label viaje. Oh and going to spend some time on the water.

What are you cooking??

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
So much barbecue. I've got six bags of charcoal and planning on using every bit of it. I'm heading to the butcher shop this afternoon but I anticipate a quarter hog, some new york strips, some rib eyes, and probably a couple of whole chickens. Maybe a turkey in lieu of the chickens. I haven't decided yet.

CigarSaint

Who Dat!
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
So much barbecue. I've got six bags of charcoal and planning on using every bit of it. I'm heading to the butcher shop this afternoon but I anticipate a quarter hog, some new york strips, some rib eyes, and probably a couple of whole chickens. Maybe a turkey in lieu of the chickens. I haven't decided yet.
Very nice! I think I will have to add steak to the list of meat cooked this weekend!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I love to cook over fire. Truly one of life's simple pleasures. Plus, it's the only time the wife absolutely forbids the kids from pestering me.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
We have a pork shoulder to smoke, might add some ribs. Burgers and dogs on the grill.

Neighborhood 4th party is always at our house but it will be tomorrow evening so people won't go to work with hangovers, lol.

theribdoctor

Certifiable.
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
theribdoctor like his ribs I see. I can't get enough of them... hell it's to the point my wife won't eat them anymore. Unamerican I know.
I went through a point where I was making em so much that I got tired of them, at that point switched to a wet paste instead of a dry rub, now I use a slightly different method and it seems to work, back to a dry rub, and no brine like I used to do. Wife doesn't eat them unless I don't make her chicken or fish...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a Boston Butt on the pit right now. I'm on the Tat PCR's and I might throw in an Anejo 49 or two at some point. Stella and Mojito, the Libations. Been up since 5:30am. That's when the shoulder went on. All told, pulled pork, parmesan redskin potatoes and grilled asparagus will be the grub.

cmhicksusmc

Corporal/USMC
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Slowing cooking Ribs and then burgers on the Green Egg. Lots of beer will be drank and going to try the new white label viaje. Oh and going to spend some time on the water.

What are you cooking??
I couldn't believe it but the new WLP is one of the best smokes I've ever had!!! I love ribs as well. I miss the family on my favorite holiday.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Over the weekend we grilled hot dogs, sausage, hamburgers, chicken, and, my favorite, 3 full racks of spare pork ribs. We boiled the ribs in the oven first, then slow cooked them on the grille with plenty of bbq sauce. They were amazing and came out perfect on my first attempt.