What's new

What's has smoked here? My carport! Pics

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I smoke my cigars under my carport. I have a orange cord from the inside electrical outlet inside my sunroom that runs out into the carport so I can listen to music while I'm smoking cigars or meat on the smoker. Well last night, while we were sleeping, that cord shorted out and caught fire. It burned a Yeti cooler, my table, my chairs, and other things. I'm very lucky my house didn't burn down. Electricity in my house doesn't work in half of the rooms now. Bad thing is, I have no smoke detectors in this house but I'm going to the fire department this evening to get some. This scared the hell out of me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dread Scott

@Scottamus
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeez, that's insane. If absolutely no other good comes out of it, your misfortune could potentially save property and lives down the road through raising awareness. Praying that everything gets taken care of in an orderly, CHEAP fashion!

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Electricians are here. Said it could have been much worse. This house was built in 1964. The electrician said the original breaker boxes are still here. 8900.00 broker right now. They have to bring the whole thing back to code. I'm fucked. But I'm alive and breathing.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Pretty damned lucky the house didn't go up. There is a can full of gas less than 5 feet from the table that burned. The roof was also scorched. The more I find, the more I know just how fortunate we are.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Nope. It's 50 years old. Should have been fixed 40 years ago. I wish it would cover it. What burned, besides the yeti, isn't worth the claim. Unfortunate, but it wasn't at code. Sigh. I'm just glad the house didn't burn. Made me realize that life could have been gone in a hurry though. With the amount of paper and art material in my wife's studio if fire ever hits it, we would incinerate. Wouldn't take long to spread and engulf this place. We are extremely lucky.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Electrician said this place was an inferno waiting to happen with the way it's wired. Old, installed totally wrong (maybe fine for 50 years ago but too much running on too little current today), faulty box, and old wiring with frays everywhere. I have been telling the wife for months that something was wrong with the flickering and dimming lights. It took a little fire OUTSIDE to make us get someone to look INSIDE! Bad timing for us with finances like they are and me in school but the in laws are helping. They seem to always step up when some crazy shit happens, which isn't often but often enough. Eventually something is gonna go right. How much is that powerball up to now? Lol.