What's new

What's in your bowl today

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Right now smoking some Tobacco from SS, This was the only one from Villiger 1888 that I haven't tried and thought I could let it wait but it just kept calling my name..... So cracked open the TIN and was first happy with the TIN note. Opening up the inner package this tobacco is well packed in this TIN. Very nice looking mixed cut tobacco with some flake. Packed it in my Savinelli 622KS. I was going to light this with matches just to keep the tobaccos little cooler however I thought i would just use the Zippo Pipe lighter and set it a blaze....

Today is my 2nd year anni and with that said, Today had our Padron smoke together talked over the last couple of years and had a wonderful dinner. While we sat down to the fire I was thinking what should I smoke. The only thing that I could come up with in my mind over and over is 1888 1888 smoke it.. So yeah..

First off my wife says it has a very nice room note, for me it has a wonderful VA taste with some hints of whisky and slight fruit on the Retro. There was a couple of times that I thought I was smoking a little fast and that it was going to give some tongue bite however very happy to report there was non. This tobacco is very very nice VA tasting not very much Cav detected but does come through every so often.

Now to say on the first smoke of this TIN... WOW I am very pleased and Thank you SS this tobacco is very wonderful and not that any of the other tobaccos that I smoke, Have or want to have I think this tobacco is going to find a place in my rotation more then a time or two a day.

James

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418446019.985457.jpg

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Neat looking pipe, Griz. A friend of mine came by last night with an open tin of Meat Pie so I got to try some also. I found it to me a nicely mellow English.
Yes, I found it the same, very surprising. I wasn't holding out much hope, but.... And even though the pipe looks small, it lasted over an hour.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
@stukibuilt how was that 50 year old baccy??
It was a little dry but smoked fine. Lots of pepper. It was a stout kick in the face with a golf shoe. Once it toned down it was very natural. Soil and earth flavors. What made it worse for me out of the few of us who smoked it is I was drinking a beer with it, which brought back out the pepper to the point that I was tearing up. Next time (if there is one at some point) I would only drink still water. Others described the same pepper but it dicipated in the first third. They described the same earthy flavors, and Walt said he had some sweetness towards the end. My face was on fire... Lol. Lesson learned.