What's new

What's in your bowl today

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Short bowl of 2012 Hamborger Veermaster in my VA dedicated cheap Greek briar. Help me with the shape guys, pot billiard? May have been cheap but I have fallen in love with this pipe, nice and thick bowl with a dry/smooth smoke. Just wish the VA tobaccos didn't mess up my mouth so bad, I love them but they don't love me. This one is blooming a bunch and is so damn tasty, but it's bitey
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426787214.785110.jpg

Love the grain on this pipe! Briar is beautiful stuff
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426788590.825419.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Short bowl of 2012 Hamborger Veermaster in my VA dedicated cheap Greek briar. Help me with the shape guys, pot billiard? May have been cheap but I have fallen in love with this pipe, nice and thick bowl with a dry/smooth smoke. Just wish the VA tobaccos didn't mess up my mouth so bad, I love them but they don't love me. This one is blooming a bunch and is so damn tasty, but it's bitey
View attachment 60581
For the Win!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
View attachment 60581

View attachment 60582
Oh HV is good stuff and that is a nice little pipe. Is that an unstained pipe? If not, a little wax will really make that grain pop. Only advice I can give you with the bite is to try and sip slow. It can be hard, especially when trying to keep those damn flakes lit so don't sweat the relights. Also, what are you drinking? You could try something acidic to combat the alkaline in the smoke.

I'm smoking a bowl of SG St. James Flake in a Meer.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Oh HV is good stuff and that is a nice little pipe. Is that an unstained pipe? If not, a little wax will really make that grain pop. Only advice I can give you with the bite is to try and sip slow. It can be hard, especially when trying to keep those damn flakes lit so don't sweat the relights. Also, what are you drinking? You could try something acidic to combat the alkaline in the smoke.

I'm smoking a bowl of SG St. James Flake in a Meer.

I was drinking Pepsi with it. I don't believe it is stained and think it came with a light waxed finish that is no more. I really dig the natural look and wondered about a new coat of wax on it. I really do sip the VA baccys and never stress re-lights but my mouth chemistry just doesn't agree. I've noticed issues with English blends too which sucks. I love pipe baccy but I just can't indulge as much as I would like.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Not at all! I love it too much... I stick to half bowls usually about once or twice a week. Not sure why I don't have the same issues with cigars, but I just go with the flow

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
View attachment 60581

View attachment 60582
Pot or short shanked lovat. Cheap?? The birds eye on that pipe is nice as hell! I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat!

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...

Well, let's get on this Gaslight train!

Day 12 of #MeerschaumMarchMadness
in the I. Baglan carved Turkish meer
Today with G.L. Pease Gaslight, another new to me blend in my month of many samples.
I grabbed a couple tins when they were released, opened one about a year and a half ago so I could add samples to the start of the BOTL 2013-2014 Winter Baccy Pass, and never actually tried it myself until now.
WAY more mild than I thought it was going to be.