What's new

What's in your bowl today

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Something from a B&M my buddy got me. I'm new to pipe smoking. The whole lighting it and keeping is tough! Good tho. I like that I can just take about 20 mins or so and puff on the pipe and then get back to working on whatever it is I'm doing. Don't need a whole hour like a cigar.

The_Rev

Chaplain of Saints and Sinners
Rating - 0%
0   1   0

Something from a B&M my buddy got me. I'm new to pipe smoking. The whole lighting it and keeping is tough! Good tho. I like that I can just take about 20 mins or so and puff on the pipe and then get back to working on whatever it is I'm doing. Don't need a whole hour like a cigar.
Keep with it brother. There are a lot of good tips on this site and on YouTube on how-to pack, light, tamp etc. You hit the nail on the head about being able to fit your time to smoke better with pipes than cigars. As your pipe collection expands, and it will expand, you will be able to gage which pipe smokes for a certain time. Also know this: unlike cigars which can get a bit skanky on re-lighting, pipes don't suffer from the same characteristic. You can let an unfinished pipe go out at night, leave it till the next morning, relight and it tastes just the same as the night before. Keep at it. It's a great pursuit.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
PS Luxury Navy in a Sav 122.

I was expecting a full blown Virginia whack in the mouth. But this surprised me. The first puff nearly knocked me off my chair but it mellowed out immediately and there are some lovely smooth toasty flavours flowing.

Impressed!

Edit: just finished a bowl and packed the rest in, some fruity goodness now, it's amazing what an extra 30mins dry time can do.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
PS Luxury Navy in a Sav 122.

I was expecting a full blown Virginia whack in the mouth. But this surprised me. The first puff nearly knocked me off my chair but it mellowed out immediately and there are some lovely smooth toasty flavours flowing.

Impressed!

Edit: just finished a bowl and packed the rest in, some fruity goodness now, it's amazing what an extra 30mins dry time can do.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks like the luxury twist flake? Both really tasty and ones I always have on hand.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Pfeifenhaus Raimer #23 with thanks to @PJoyce85. A blend from a local pipe shop in Mainz Germany. According to their site it is a blend of a few different types of Virginia, some burley, and some black cavendish topped with plum and vanilla. The tin note is really good!! Hints of the toppings with aromas of natural tobaccos. It is a little moist straight from the tin but not goopy at all. Initially after lighting I get more of the vanilla than the plum but they are both subtle. The flavors are soft and enjoyable. Getting towards the bottom of the bowl the flavors of plum are coming through more. I don't like many aros but this is a treat. Quality tobacco with minimal topping that tastes natural, not artificial/chemical. I am enjoying this in my German churchwarden and have only experienced a slight gurgle a couple times when I started puffing too much. I haven't experienced any bite either, which is always a plus for me.

The Munt

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks like the luxury twist flake? Both really tasty and ones I always have on hand.
You are correct ! I gotta stop labelling my jars at all hours of the night! Had luxury twist on the navy and visa versa, I even had twist in my head as I was smoking it but like Ron Burgandy if it's on the TelePrompTer I believe it 100% :facepalm:

The Munt

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Arango Balkan Supreme in the Sav 626, dunno why I purchased it just sounded great and I wasn't disappointed. Lovely stuff.

And now enjoying some Dunhill early morning in a Sav 122, just feels like home love this stuff. Told the boss I was done working out west as its too much stress on the Mrs when I'm away with 2 kids under 2 so really enjoying this with a nice pale ale.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Arango Balkan Supreme in the Sav 626, dunno why I purchased it just sounded great and I wasn't disappointed. Lovely stuff.

And now enjoying some Dunhill early morning in a Sav 122, just feels like home love this stuff. Told the boss I was done working out west as its too much stress on the Mrs when I'm away with 2 kids under 2 so really enjoying this with a nice pale ale.
Check out NWPipeSmoker on YouTube. Pretty much what he smokes 80% of the time.

Yeah, it's good stuff...

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Looks like the perfect pipe for smoking in a headwind.
I was actually gonna file that down, lol. The pipe has so many problems I decided not to put anymore work into it though. It is a good smoker at least. The cake was built up so much that it started to crack the bowl, I don't have a reamer so I used my dremel to ream it out. Messy!! I plan to smoke the shit out of it until it decides it can't take any more.