What's new

What's in your bowl today

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I got smacked with so much baccy today I'm gonna need you guys help
no. man up and smoke it yourself. o)

seriously, if you don't think you are going to get to it, leave the tins sealed, and put any baggies in mason jars or the like. work on one or two blends at a time to get to know them. and we have a couple threads going which would be perfect for you to pick up tips, or ask for pointers. good luck, dude!

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I got smacked with so much baccy today I'm gonna need you guys help
no. man up and smoke it yourself. o)

seriously, if you don't think you are going to get to it, leave the tins sealed, and put any baggies in mason jars or the like. work on one or two blends at a time to get to know them. and we have a couple threads going which would be perfect for you to pick up tips, or ask for pointers. good luck, dude!
Thx bro yeah ill be checking out the threads

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
like russ said use that prince albert as practice baccy for learning to pack
I stopped caring how hard I packed my pipes when I learned this little trick: cram as much in as possible, Frank-style, then ram a pipe cleaner up through the mortise as hard as you can, creating a small air pocket between the baccy and draught hole. That makes the draw PERFECT almost no matter what! After doing this routinely I stopped having to check my draw before lighting.

Last edited:

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
like russ said use that prince albert as practice baccy for learning to pack
I stopped caring how hard I packed my pipes when I learned this little trick: cram as much in as possible, Frank-style, then ram a pipe cleaner up through the mortise as hard as you can, creating a small air pocket between the baccy and draught hole. That makes the draw PERFECT almost no matter what! After doing this routinely I stopped having to check my draw before lighting.
Okay, I am trying this!

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
be careful with this method, as i have had the cleaner pull a little tobacco into the draft hole, CAUSING problems. but LPF is right, when it works it WORKS!

right now working on a 50/50 exotique and balkan saseini in a Dr.G i just cleaned up.

ebay is going to be a problem for me. o)

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Jackknife Plug with thanks to CATom!
What's the verdict?
It's a winner in my book Tom. I hacked off a chunk, broke it apart, then let it sit out to dry for a couple hours. It packed well in my Big Ben Presidential, took to the flame with ease, and is currently billowing smoke! It kind of seemed mild at first, but now that I'm mid bowl, it's providing quite a Vitamin N kick and the flavor is very bold. The retrohale is smooth and there is no tongue bite. This is my first experience with GL Pease's offerings and I'll be sure to pick some more up and try some of his other blends. Thanks again brother!

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Jackknife Plug with thanks to CATom!
What's the verdict?
It's a winner in my book Tom. I hacked off a chunk, broke it apart, then let it sit out to dry for a couple hours. It packed well in my Big Ben Presidential, took to the flame with ease, and is currently billowing smoke! It kind of seemed mild at first, but now that I'm mid bowl, it's providing quite a Vitamin N kick and the flavor is very bold. The retrohale is smooth and there is no tongue bite. This is my first experience with GL Pease's offerings and I'll be sure to pick some more up and try some of his other blends. Thanks again brother!
I opened a tin of jackknife plug, checked things out and forgot about it. A month later it had white fur growing on the side. Ziploc that stuff! Side note: JackKnife Ready-rubbed is quite different from what Rick described - sweeter, milder with less N.