What's new

What's in your bowl today

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
@Grrrrr609
I just ordered one of those yesterday on eBay. Do they really clean out a pipe? Seems like a tiny amount of alcohol.
I make them. I wished I knew you were looking for one.

Yes they do. It's not as much the liquid as it is the "steam" that cleans and sterilizes the pipe. It can also knock out ghosting. Little tip, don't fill the bowl with cotton. Only half fill it.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I make them. I wished I knew you were looking for one.

Yes they do. It's not as much the liquid as it is the "steam" that cleans and sterilizes the pipe. It can also knock out ghosting. Little tip, don't fill the bowl with cotton. Only half fill it.

OK. Thanks for the info. I was wondering how that tiny amount of alcohol would do any real cleaning. Does it have to be isopropyl alcohol, or can I use Bacardi 151?

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
OK. Thanks for the info. I was wondering how that tiny amount of alcohol would do any real cleaning. Does it have to be isopropyl alcohol, or can I use Bacardi 151?
The boiling point of 91% isopropyl alcohol is about 180°. Not sure about 151. The isopropyl boils at such a temperature you can use a candle or a zippo to heat it. I don't drink so I haven't tried anything else. But if I were to recommend I would probably use whole grain.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...

Was racking my mind, trying to figure a military/veteran themed baccy to celebrate Veteran's Day yesterday. Squadron Leader was an excellent recommendation, but I got home way too late to work a bowl in.
A day late, today I've got my first taste of Squadron Leader SE w/ Perique in this Papalia, the closest thing I have to a traditional Army mount billiard.

Last edited: