What's new

What's in your bowl today

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hearth and Home Virginia Spice
Starts off with a very mushroom earthy perique flavor and a very creamy smoke from the Maduro. Then the Virginia seemed to take over. Closer to the bottom of the bowl the flavors marry better. The spice of the Maduro and perique come together well. The mushroom earth doesn't return but the Virginia adds a nice flavor of hay and aged tobacco. Overall it is a good smoke, but you have to be careful not to puff too fast or the flavors lose any distinction. on the other hand letting it rest to cool the Bowl easily leads to needing a relight.

I give it 3.5 out of 5. It falls a bit outside of my wheel house and gets a little frustrating to work with.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I don't know what that means. Is that a pipe baller thing?
Yessir, I'm a balled up baller in the whole pipe thang (not). Actually, the Yello-Bole pipes were coated inside with some kind of yellow honey mix to cure the briar or something like that. The inside of the bowl was yellow when new. This pipe was an older version that had never been smoked according to the seller. I think it was his fathers or sumptin' like that that supposedly was dated to 1939, but who knows? It's a decent pipe that I purchased for a decent price on eBay.....

See ad on right side of page to see what a Yello-Bole looked like before smoking......
https://pipedia.org/wiki/Yello-Bole

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
MacBaren HH - Old Fired Cured Ready Rubbed

This is the bulk version of the flake. I would say it is a winner. Nice fruit and hay from the Virginia. The Kentucky adds a nice spicy wood element and an earthiness. The earth and wood remind me of throwing an oak log (with a bit of moss) on the fire in winter.

Edit:
This stuff is strong. I would recommend this for the end of the day. I'm a fast smoker and that is surely amplifying the effects. Either way, I've melted like I've got something a little greener in the pipe.

Last edited: