What's new

What's in your bowl today

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
IMG_6245.JPG
Last of my Briar Fox in the Boswell Poker. It smoked the best in this pipe. Sweet and bright. This pipe is different from my others in that it has a conical bowl. Hopefully that doesn’t mean that all my other pipes are bad smokers. After about 6 years I’m understanding how a pipe can make or break a blend. Next, a jar of Mcclellands #24 from 1994. I’ve smoked from this jar in the past and it was the best I’ve ever had... When I could get it to behave.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
View attachment 111368
Last of my Briar Fox in the Boswell Poker. It smoked the best in this pipe. Sweet and bright. This pipe is different from my others in that it has a conical bowl. Hopefully that doesn’t mean that all my other pipes are bad smokers. After about 6 years I’m understanding how a pipe can make or break a blend. Next, a jar of Mcclellands #24 from 1994. I’ve smoked from this jar in the past and it was the best I’ve ever had... When I could get it to behave.
Man, that's a damn good looking poker. That's the one style I really want but don't have yet.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Man, that's a damn good looking poker. That's the one style I really want but don't have yet.
I’m sure if you give a call to Boswell’s, maybe JM might be able to recreate one of them for you! I’m sure you’ll need to provide a picture. He does make some that are similar in style.

PS- Tomorrow morning (Tuesdays) at 10am eastern time they post up a bunch of pipes for sale on their website. If you see one you like and funds allow, pick it up. Chances are it won’t be there later. That’s how fast his pipes sell.

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I’m sure if you give a call to Boswell’s, maybe JM might be able to recreate one of them for you! I’m sure you’ll need to provide a picture. He does make some that are similar in style.

PS- Tomorrow morning (Tuesdays) at 10am eastern time they post up a bunch of pipes for sale on their website. If you see one you like and funds allow, pick it up. Chances are it won’t be there later. That’s how fast his pipes sell.

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk
Oh man I know, I'm on there every Tuesday morning waiting to see what he's created. One of my first pipes was a Boswell and I love it.

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Smoking Great Outdoors after finishing reinstalling my carb I just rebuilt. First time experiencing pipe gurgle, it caught me off gaurd.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The humidity is up here (when it’s above freezing). That usually causes gurgle in my pipes. I’ll just add a little more dry time and run a few more cleaners thru the pipe to soak it up.

Mcclellands #24 (1994) in a Boswell Poker. Sweet, hay, fragrant spice, just all around great. Did leave a lot of wetness in the bowl in the last 3rd and turned harsh because of it. Going to be smoking this almost exclusively for the next month or so to fully figure it out.