What's new

What's in your bowl today

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Habana daydream hitting the spot as it's too cold for a cigar...
View attachment 126123
This cob was just unnecessarily deep for how much I pack it, so I got inspired and took a little off the top with a hacksaw.. :LOL:
I didnt know you were cleared to be around sharp objects again already

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Habana daydream hitting the spot as it's too cold for a cigar...
View attachment 126123
This cob was just unnecessarily deep for how much I pack it, so I got inspired and took a little off the top with a hacksaw..
Too cold for a cigar? I can't even convience myself to go in the garage tonight because it's so unseasonably cold. No cigar or pipe for me tonight :/

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Too cold for a cigar? I can't even convience myself to go in the garage tonight because it's so unseasonably cold. No cigar or pipe for me tonight :/

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The weather is definitely taking a turn for the colder down here & the wind is making it pretty rough. I’ve had to migrate to the workshop for smoking!!!

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Escudo Navy Deluxe thanks to John. Really liking this.
Seems to be a great morning smoke for me.
Anyone have recommendations for something with a similar profile that's sold in bulk?
And what are y'alls favorites for early morning bowls?
Seems like you are digging this pipe thing huh?
My morning bowls rests heavily on the time of the year, yet I am currently breaking tradition lately and trying alot of new to me blends so I am all over the place - but generally for me:

Spring/Fall - VaPer (Pease Fillmore / McConnell Scottish Cake / Rattray Marlin flake - Old Gowrie - Hal O the Wynd / C&D Red Carpet / Pease Tellegraph Hill / Solani Yellow Virginia Perique)
Summer - Mostly Straight Virginias - sometimes VaPer - Sometimes VaOr (virginia & oriental) Pease Embarcadero is a fun twist which is a red virginia & orientals
Winter - English (Pease Quiet Nights / Pease Gaslight / Pease Chelsea Morning (awesome morning bowl) / C&D Sunset Harbor & Black Frigate / Drucquer Blairgowrie)
Some of my recent favorites anyways - I am not the biggest Burley fan, but I dabble occasionally. I am also realizing that I love GL Pease Tobaccos lately

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Seems like you are digging this pipe thing huh?
My morning bowls rests heavily on the time of the year, yet I am currently breaking tradition lately and trying alot of new to me blends so I am all over the place - but generally for me:

Spring/Fall - VaPer (Pease Fillmore / McConnell Scottish Cake / Rattray Marlin flake - Old Gowrie - Hal O the Wynd / C&D Red Carpet / Pease Tellegraph Hill / Solani Yellow Virginia Perique)
Summer - Mostly Straight Virginias - sometimes VaPer - Sometimes VaOr (virginia & oriental) Pease Embarcadero is a fun twist which is a red virginia & orientals
Winter - English (Pease Quiet Nights / Pease Gaslight / Pease Chelsea Morning (awesome morning bowl) / C&D Sunset Harbor & Black Frigate / Drucquer Blairgowrie)
Some of my recent favorites anyways - I am not the biggest Burley fan, but I dabble occasionally. I am also realizing that I love GL Pease Tobaccos lately
Loving it!

Great list Dan, thanks! Looks like a bunch of good options to try.

I think I've only had 2 Pease blends so far, but they were both great.

I seem to be becoming a big fan of C&D and Stokkebye. Most of what I've had of theirs I've loved.

Haven't really enjoyed many of the blends I've tried that contain Orientals or labeled Balkan. There have been a couple that have been good, but most just aren't for me.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Loving it!

Great list Dan, thanks! Looks like a bunch of good options to try.

I think I've only had 2 Pease blends so far, but they were both great.

I seem to be becoming a big fan of C&D and Stokkebye. Most of what I've had of theirs I've loved.

Haven't really enjoyed many of the blends I've tried that contain Orientals or labeled Balkan. There have been a couple that have been good, but most just aren't for me.
Stokkebye is classic - C&D seems to be a love/hate thing. C&D makes the Pease blends to his specs believe it or not!

My list of favorite Pease and C&D blends (I still have alot to try):
C&D
Sunset Harbor Flake - yes its a balkan, but with Perique added
Vieux Carre - Light english but w/ a Whiskey Topping
Red Carpet - Red virginia VaPer - heavier on the perique than escudo
Opening Night - blend of straight virginias
Manhattan Afternoon - Gold virginia w/ honey
Interlude - red virginia w/ honey
Night Train - VaPer. but with burley
Chenets Cake - a rich VaPer

Pease
Fillmore - red virginia VaPer - fairly heavy on the perique, so a spicy but rich one
Laurel heights - All red virginias w/ a dash of latakia
Union square - blend of straight virginias
Quiet Nights - bold english but with some perique too
Chelsea Morning - lighter english but with perique too

* if you havent tried the Stokkebye cube cut - do it

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Stokkebye is classic - C&D seems to be a love/hate thing. C&D makes the Pease blends to his specs believe it or not!

My list of favorite Pease and C&D blends (I still have alot to try):
C&D
Sunset Harbor Flake - yes its a balkan, but with Perique added
Vieux Carre - Light english but w/ a Whiskey Topping
Red Carpet - Red virginia VaPer - heavier on the perique than escudo
Opening Night - blend of straight virginias
Manhattan Afternoon - Gold virginia w/ honey
Interlude - red virginia w/ honey
Night Train - VaPer. but with burley
Chenets Cake - a rich VaPer

Pease
Fillmore - red virginia VaPer - fairly heavy on the perique, so a spicy but rich one
Laurel heights - All red virginias w/ a dash of latakia
Union square - blend of straight virginias
Quiet Nights - bold english but with some perique too
Chelsea Morning - lighter english but with perique too

* if you havent tried the Stokkebye cube cut - do it
Nice. Most of those do sound really good.

I'll look for the cube cut.

Which other C&D's are on your list to try?

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Nice. Most of those do sound really good.

I'll look for the cube cut.

Which other C&D's are on your list to try?
Redburn (burley base with virginia & dark fired - topped w/ dark rum & molasses) is a curious one that ive had a few bowls of but not sure how I feel about it yet.
Black Frigate (Rum Topped english) - have had a few bowls of this as well - still trying to figure it out if its for me or not
Poplar Camp (bulk VaPer - base is Yorktown which I like alot) - on my list
Bayou Morning Flake - (VaPer - 25% perique) - on my list - a flake cut & a ribbon cut options
Kajun Kake - (seems like bayou but sweeter) - on my list
Two Friends Redwood (VaPer) - Have had a few bowls - tasty, but I think it needs time/age - a little rough around the edges
Blockade Runner (Virginia blend topped with Rum - is the base of black frigate minus the latakia) - tasty - I think it will be better with some age
Bourbon Bleu - (VaPer + dark fired kentucky) - on my list
Shelbyton - (virginia/burley/dark fired blend topped with tawny port) - seems weird but I want to try it - love port but not a fan of aromatics generally