What's new

What's in your bowl today

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
They're making Balkan sobranie again?
"The legendary Balkan Sobranie Original Smoking Mixture has now been reintroduced by Arango Cigar Co. The brand was originally produced by Sobranie of London in 1920, and became a top-selling brand worldwide. But, it disappeared in 1998, when Gallaher Group Plc, withdrew its tobacco products from the US market in order to avoid potential liability from class action and other lawsuits.

J. F. Germain & Son, Ltd., has obtained the recipe and is manufacturing the brand, in their factory on the Channel Isle of Jersey, Great Britain. Arango Cigar Co. is now the exclusive distributor for Sobranie Original Smoking Mixture in the United States.

Sobranie Original Smoking Mixture was the product of the Sobranie company, founded by a Russian family in 1879, making it one of the world’s oldest tobacco companies. The English mixture’s Virginia tobaccos mellow the latakia, while oriental and Cavendish leaves add balance and a "round" flavor. Smokers delighted in its medium-to-robust body, incense-like aroma, and satisfying taste.

The mixture disappeared from retailers’ shelves, to the disappointment of English-blend smokers worldwide. Now, J. F. Germain & Son, the venerable tobacco blending house, has revived the authentic recipe. It is available in 50-gram (1.76 oz.) tins, with a manufacturer’s suggested retail pricing in the $12.00 range."

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Well too cold out for cigars today so time to break out the pipes once again.

Old Balkan sobranie. Was lucky enough to get some of the new stuff but won't try it for a few years when I run out of old stock

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Re Balkan Sobraine: Got about 800 grams of the old stuff. 300 in sealed tins.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Blend called 1887 from my B&M Drapers. Still one of my favorites so far in my short time with pipes. G1

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Started the day with some Dunhill Early Morning Pipe. A little sweet but I guess in the morning, thats ok. G1

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Well I took the plunge last night and smoked my first pipe. I think it went well considering. I had a little tobacco left over in the bowl that never got burnt. Smoke lazy edna if that means anything to you. Had to relight it a lot though.

I think I am going to enjoy this every now and then and will be looking into getting another pipe so I can enjoy it more often.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Finishing off the last of some Stonehaven that my buddy teased me with, not telling me that this stuff is like the tatuaje limited edition of the pipe tobacco world lol. Have a couple of oz coming in (thanks Tyler!) but I need to find some to put down. G1