What's new

What's in your bowl today

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Alot of pipers have called it the "poor man's Penzance" and I can definitely agree. That said it is not a substitute but an alternative that is pretty close
Well I would say if someone was looking for a close second to Penzance, seeing it is so hard to find. I think it honestly is to keep the price up. Try 10 to Midnight by Hearth & Home. I really like that and some people think it is really close.

James
I heard the close second to Penzance is C&D Star of the East. I bought a few...well more than a few...tins last year, and 8oz of bulk recently.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
IOS Update? Hummm My IPhone still working. No Update yet for me. But guess I will wait if it does come for a week or so to work out the kinks...

James

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
50/50 ODF DSF in a Briar Bird bent billiard
Do you mix them together or pack one on top of the other?
I mix them together. I may be the reason for a few guys here doing it, but I don't want to take credit. I was sent some PH dark strong and had ODF and damn was it good mixed together. Adds a bit more dark fired character to the dark strong and the dark strong smooths the ODF out quite a bit in my experience.

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I mix them together. I may be the reason for a few guys here doing it, but I don't want to take credit. I was sent some PH dark strong and had ODF and damn was it good mixed together. Adds a bit more dark fired character to the dark strong and the dark strong smooths the ODF out quite a bit in my experience.
No you're suggestion was what guy me started mixing it. Whwtr Dave traded me some DSF last year and he was my enabler for that blend.... I rub both out in equal parts and fill a small mason jar. They kinda blend together after a while. Next batch will be more DSF as the sweetness is being overpowered by ODF and I miss the sweet nuances of the DSF. So it will be 60/40 DSF to ODF next.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
No you're suggestion was what guy me started mixing it. Whwtr Dave traded me some DSF last year and he was my enabler for that blend.... I rub both out in equal parts and fill a small mason jar. They kinda blend together after a while. Next batch will be more DSF as the sweetness is being overpowered by ODF and I miss the sweet nuances of the DSF. So it will be 60/40 DSF to ODF next.
Yeah Dave is an enabler to say the least....

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Woke up thinking I was going to have some VA flake but when I started going through my stash the Mississippi River called out to me. Will be ordering a Forever Stem or two for my cobs soon. I am enjoying how they smoke and wish I would have started with them instead of briars.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411661378.382206.jpg

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My first pipe started out with some Peterson Connoisseur's Choice in a Vintage Dr. Grabow Emperor Ajustomatic straight pipe. In most cases I don't smoke an Aromatic in straight pipe. However with my older Grabows I can smoke anything through them with little or no problem. Half way through this pipe so far and no extra moisture build up, If there was I would just un screw the stem from the shank and run a pipe cleaner in it.

Don't know the age of the Tins so on this one love the smell out of the Tin, I just couldn't stop smelling it, PreDraw was some fruit with light whiskey. After light it seems to pass all the smells from the tin to the taste with an addition of creamy coffee. Oh boy this is a very nice tobacco for me. It did warm up the pipe alittle, In towards the end of this it seems to throw in some hints of rum. This is a good smoking tobacco and I could easy add this to my daily smoking rotation. 1 to 10 I would have to give this a 8. Could have been a 9+ if the Retro was little more bright. Mostly Fruit through out. Good choice for a Am smoke I think.

James