What's new

What's in your bowl today

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
50/50 ODF DSF in a Briar Bird bent billiard
Do you mix them together or pack one on top of the other?
I mix them together. I may be the reason for a few guys here doing it, but I don't want to take credit. I was sent some PH dark strong and had ODF and damn was it good mixed together. Adds a bit more dark fired character to the dark strong and the dark strong smooths the ODF out quite a bit in my experience.
No you're suggestion was what guy me started mixing it. Whwtr Dave traded me some DSF last year and he was my enabler for that blend.... I rub both out in equal parts and fill a small mason jar. They kinda blend together after a while. Next batch will be more DSF as the sweetness is being overpowered by ODF and I miss the sweet nuances of the DSF. So it will be 60/40 DSF to ODF next.
Yeah Dave is an enabler to say the least....
I take this as a compliment haven't been able to enjoy any of your flakes yet though...... Have been on a tear seeding and watering a new lawn

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Following up my last bowl with some Peterson Nutty Cut in a Dr. Grabow Full Bent. Tin note isn't as profound as the Connoisseur's Choice. Very nice hints of Nuts and rum. When I opened up this tin it was like at one time it was wet and leaked around the Tin edge. For a lack of a better way to describe it. Again not knowing the age on the tobacco, it seems that it was at one time a lot more moist then it is now. It is not dried out by no means but not so wet that makes me feel it needs to dry before smoking it. Pre draw was some hints of nut and Virginia tobaccos. Once lit I got the sense of a light Aromatic nut and rum but is predominately Virginia in taste and on Retro has some slight hints of rum. Light and Buttery all together smooth smoking tobacco.

James

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up thinking I was going to have some VA flake but when I started going through my stash the Mississippi River called out to me. Will be ordering a Forever Stem or two for my cobs soon. I am enjoying how they smoke and wish I would have started with them instead of briars.
View attachment 44891
You won't regret picking up a Forever Stem. I have one and plan to purchase more.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dunhill My Mixture 965 in a no name dublin with a flat bottom. This tobacco is a first for me and I have yet to try anything Dunhill that has let me down. Slightly sweet down right good tobacco.

Rating - 100%
86   0   0

Some 20-30 yr oldish macbaren golden blend and it's tasty, has a nice fig pouch aroma burns easily and first time I don't remember a macbaren biting

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
30   0   0

Some aged Penzance in my recently mudded drac. Here's hoping it holds...
What kind of ash did you use to make the mud? I was thinking to done the same with my Drac.
White cigar ash. This was the crack right above the draft hole:

Unfortunately mine appears to have been drilled at a steeper than ideal angle. No other signs of a burn out. Just a crack straight through. I mudded the area above the draft and it appears to have held up really well. I didn't add the maple syrup I sometimes do, but I think that the sugars in the 'zance helped it as well. I don't usually wait this long to smoke a newly mudded pipe, it just kinda happened that way. So far so good... :D

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I enjoyed the bowl I had yesterday evening so much I decided to have another this morning. Dunhill My Mixture 965 in an Amphora X-tra 815 rusticated poker.