What's new

What's in your bowl today

Iholmes

I-hole
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I don't think I got that in my newbie sampler. I did see it mentioned a lot when reading about FR on tobaccoreviews. Having only tried a few blends, I wouldn't know really what i like yet. It seems each blend is better than the last.
This last sentence has a lot to do with your technique improving over time as well. Make sure you go back and revisit blends you were on the fence about in the future. I realized this after revisiting an English blend about 4 months later

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Haha, posts about aros always seem to begin with "I mostly smoke Old Ironsides, but enjoy am occasional aro...."

They are a little looked down upon, like Acids, and the often smoke poorly, but there are some legit aros that scratch a certain itch. Lane 1-Q is an essential sample for any new piper, and is good. I'm here to tell you Sleepy Hallow is great. If you want one of those super black and sweet Cavendish blends that won't leave a puddle in your pipe, Hilands Cigars' Black Gold Plus is a local favorite of mine you can order online; smokes well, and is akin to smoking a brownie :)

If you pm me ill send you a few bowls worth of Black Gold.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smoke what you like, no shame! I'm not a big aro fan, but there are a few I can handle periodically.
I have been enjoying pipes and cigars for 45 years. Aro, straight tobacco, English is all tobacco and all can be enjoyed. I love pretty much all of them. Some rate tobacco based on price, but really all my pipe friends stick to taste evaluations. You smoke what you like and tell us about it. We're interested in your opinion of the various tobacs you try out.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I have been enjoying pipes and cigars for 45 years. Aro, straight tobacco, English is all tobacco and all can be enjoyed. I love pretty much all of them. Some rate tobacco based on price, but really all my pipe friends stick to taste evaluations. You smoke what you like and tell us about it. We're interested in your opinion of the various tobacs you try out.
THIS^^^^ and I thought I was such a big aromatics fan too when I first started but since branching out, I don't smoke them as often but they're a nice treat. Again, it all comes down to smoke what you like, like what you smoke.