Rating - 100%
514   0   0
Ping K15 Driver
Ping K15 3
Ping Ping Eye 2 Green dot 1, 3-9, S, L, W Irons
Ping Zing 2 iron
Ping Zing putter.

Next up will be a Ping K15 hybrid

For what its worth, my irons are about 20 years old and still are the shit. Just had everything re-gripped.
including his muddler................:cool:

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Ping K15 Driver
Ping K15 3
Ping Ping Eye 2 Green dot 1, 3-9, S, L, W Irons
Ping Zing 2 iron
Ping Zing putter.

Next up will be a Ping K15 hybrid

For what its worth, my irons are about 20 years old and still are the shit. Just had everything re-gripped.
Damn, I think BagFullOfPings needs to relinquish his name. :wink:

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Stopped at the range today to hit a few. A guy from the shop who knows Brooke and I came out with a trophy for us. Turns out we somehow won low net in our last Father-Child tourney!

Haha, didn't play sports growing up so I get WAY excited over a $10 trophy.

Tnt Cigarguy

BoM Jan 12
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
Ping g15 driver 9* with Aldila Serrano stiff 60g shaft 48in
Ping g15 3 wood 15* with Aldila Serrano stiff shaft +1.5 inch
TM TP 19* hybrid with Aldila stiff shaft +1.5 inch
Ping G15 White dot 3-PW True Temper Gold stiff shafts +1.5 and 4* upright
Ping 52 56 60 Tour S wedges True Temper Gold stiff shaft +1.5
TM Rossa TP Kia Ma Putter 35 inch

One thing I love about ping is I live in phoenix and if I have any issues they take care of it right away. Plus I have had my clubs adjusted out to the upright at 4 degrees and it has made a world of difference. I started with the KBS shafts and did not like them I switched to these true tempers and they are good. But if you have not tried the project x wow. I am in the process of switching over to those. I love em.

Deemancpa

Hook'em Horns
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
G2 10.5 Driver
Taylor Made 3 wood
Adams rescue
G15 irons 4-pw black dot
Tiger Shark putter- blind guy gave it to me after he kicked my arse
Footjoy contours

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Everyone prepare to laugh ... I'm rocking a set of Titleist Acushnets (SW through Driver) from the late 80's/early 90s? And have a Ping putter from the 80s.

The driver head is absolutely miniscule ... i typically tee off with my 2 or 3 iron (i know ... you're asking yourself "did he say 2 iron?")

LOL

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
Everyone prepare to laugh ... I'm rocking a set of Titleist Acushnets (SW through Driver) from the late 80's/early 90s? And have a Ping putter from the 80s.

The driver head is absolutely miniscule ... i typically tee off with my 2 or 3 iron (i know ... you're asking yourself "did he say 2 iron?")

LOL
Hey, I'm not goign to laugh. If they do the trick then why not? I still play my orginal King Cobra Norman Grinds because I can't find an iron that is better these days (for me at least). My driver is the original Cleveland Launcher, which I love to death. And my wedges are all Bob Vokey oil cans from over 10 years ago. I use a 80's Ping Zing putter with crap loads of lead tape on it to weigh it down. I am a believer that the new clubs out now aren't much better from years past. Its all about finding that perfect fit with a club that matches your skill level.

I believe a lot of people hit clubs that are waayyy beyond their skill level. If you arent a single digit handicapper, then i believe you do not need to be hitting forged steel blades (I see a lot of this stuff). Even when I was a scratch golfer, I had a hard time hitting forged blades or even musclebacks. So a good cast set of irons with no offset is a perfect set of clubs for soemone 10-30 in handicap.

Oh and the 2 iron, yeah that may be one of my favorite clubs in the bag. Alot of amateurs use a driver waayyy too much. I probably use my driver 3-5 times per round. And use my 2 iron alot more. Accuracy beats the long lost ball anytime! So keep hitting that 2-iron!

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Hey, I'm not goign to laugh. If they do the trick then why not? I still play my orginal King Cobra Norman Grinds because I can't find an iron that is better these days (for me at least). My driver is the original Cleveland Launcher, which I love to death. And my wedges are all Bob Vokey oil cans from over 10 years ago. I use a 80's Ping Zing putter with crap loads of lead tape on it to weigh it down. I am a believer that the new clubs out now aren't much better from years past. Its all about finding that perfect fit with a club that matches your skill level.

I believe a lot of people hit clubs that are waayyy beyond their skill level. If you arent a single digit handicapper, then i believe you do not need to be hitting forged steel blades (I see a lot of this stuff). Even when I was a scratch golfer, I had a hard time hitting forged blades or even musclebacks. So a good cast set of irons with no offset is a perfect set of clubs for soemone 10-30 in handicap.

Oh and the 2 iron, yeah that may be one of my favorite clubs in the bag. Alot of amateurs use a driver waayyy too much. I probably use my driver 3-5 times per round. And use my 2 iron alot more. Accuracy beats the long lost ball anytime! So keep hitting that 2-iron!
I would disagree with the bolded part, having worked for a golf website for a couple years I think the consumer is benefiting greatly from all the customization and fittings being offered today. They can even properly fit you for a golf ball now, the technology is light years ahead of where it was 10+ years ago. Most golf shops here have fitting systems, launch monitors, ect in them, where 10 years ago you never saw that stuff. And don't tell me people aren't hitting the newer 460 CC drivers further and straighter than the old smaller steel drivers, that argument just doesn't fly. Whether the consumer takes advantage of that or not is up to them, but it is not hard to get custom fit nowadays by most golf companies.

I do agree about the blades though, not sure why any casual golfer would want a club that is the least forgiving out there. But I think that is just an ego thing.

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
I would disagree with the bolded part, having worked for a golf website for a couple years I think the consumer is benefiting greatly from all the customization and fittings being offered today. They can even properly fit you for a golf ball now, the technology is light years ahead of where it was 10+ years ago. Most golf shops here have fitting systems, launch monitors, ect in them, where 10 years ago you never saw that stuff. And don't tell me people aren't hitting the newer 460 CC drivers further and straighter than the old smaller steel drivers, that argument just doesn't fly. Whether the consumer takes advantage of that or not is up to them, but it is not hard to get custom fit nowadays by most golf companies.

I do agree about the blades though, not sure why any casual golfer would want a club that is the least forgiving out there. But I think that is just an ego thing.
True, true (sorry I was referring to the last ten years). I mean technology in the last ten years hasn't really been that dramatic to me. Yes of course the 460 Titanium drivers are light years ahead of persimmon and steel heads. But I hit my Titleist 976R as far as my Cleveland launcher, but the the size difference and forgiveness is much improved. The big drivers are usually a cover up for bad swings though. When I give lessons I give people an old Callaway Warbird to hit instead of a 460cc so that they have to concentrate on hitting the ball consistently in the sweetspot with good balance instead of relying on brute force and alot of forgiveness from huge club face surface.

Custom fitting is the best thing to come out in the last ten years. Before, it was something only left to very serious players, but now is available to everybody. I remember the old Ping system of club fitting, which was pretty remarkable for its day but now is pretty ineffective with the new stuff they can do now.

But irons haven't improved that much in my opinion. That is why a lot of touring pros use prototypes of older styled clubs or new casts of old styles with slight modifications. But for the most part they haven't improved that much.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Yeah, I think the one thing that is still out there is people think buying new equipment is a cure all for a bad swing. The cost of a round or two would easily help many golfers if they used the money for lessons.

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
My brother in law switches equipment every three months thinking that the newest cluib out there is going to give him the edge to beat me. But I keep telling him it has nothing to do with his equipment, but everything to do with his swing. But he always blames shit on his clubs. It's pretty sad.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
A lighter, cutter, leftover cigar from the weekend, half empty bottle of southern comfort, and 14 metal stick-like things that I couldn't figure out how to use...