What's new

What's left

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What's left on your must try list? (realisticly... things you have told yourself that you must try but still haven't gotten to... not a list of boli gold medals etc unless you plan to actually try it )

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Wow, the list is too long to attempt.

At the top of the list is the Cohiba Piramides that I was gifted. It shall be torched to ring in the new year with my brother (who also has one).

Other than that it is hard to say. I am so new to cigar smoking that I assume I will spend years trying and researching. I would eventually like to try atleast one of every Cuban brand.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
well... I dont know if I can get this all in one post :wink:

BCG's
Sir Winston's
RAG's
Cohiba DC EL
PSD1's
Party Lonsdales
RA898v
Sig VI

I'm sure there are others... but those are the ones that seem to be reapearing in my mind the most lately :)

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Man i am so new to Cubuns that I don't even know how to spell it. I have only tried a hand full and so far I like what I have tried. As with any new adventure I am reading all that i can and keeping notes on the ones I have tried. As my experience with Cubuns grows so will my wish list.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Viper139 said:
Man i am so new to Cubuns that I don't even know how to spell it. I have only tried a hand full and so far I like what I have tried. As with any new adventure I am reading all that i can and keeping notes on the ones I have tried. As my experience with Cubuns grows so will my wish list.
You my freind will have a crash course in cubuns (ha ha ) very soon courtesy of Jerry and my self... I doubt there will be all that many of the common ones you won't have tried... :wink:

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
:shock: I am going to be afraid to open this bomb, I have some good friends on the local bomb squad who might help but then they will just mooch.

You two still amaze me. I have never run into such a group of people as we have here in my life.

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
By the way, nice avatar both of you. I am a pilot and a cop so D.B. Copper has always intrigued me. Hawkan yours is so appropriate.

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Thats a difficult question, since i've smoked exactly 8 Cubans thus far. (all being smaller mainly, one CoRo) Suppose i should say give or take one as my memory sucks.

Anyways, i'm focused towards finding good *affordable* Cubans i can smoke more or less daily, without feeling bad about it. So stuff like JLP qualifies, and i like them. I'd like to try La Flor De Cano as they seem reasonably priced.

The problem is finding a fiver of Cuban rockets :lol: People don't seem to bother with that sort of cigar.

Machine made, hand made, or hand finished, it does'nt pose much concern to me. A stick can be as ugly as Aunt Dorothy as long as it burns well and tastes good.

Once i get a nice stash of affordable sticks, enough to keep me going awhile... then i hope to move up towards larger sticks, and better brands.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Must try list?

Cuban cigars, all of them! I wish to someday be able to say "I have tried every Cuban cigar currently in production."

I think the Partags Salomones or the Cohiba Sublime sound rather intriguing.

Ironman

Master Baby Maker-Feb BoM
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Tough question, I have cigars in my possesion I still want to try :shock:

A few I would like to someady try are:

Cohiba Millennium Piramide
Partagas Salamone
Montecristo LE 2001 Double Corona

Ironman

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the things I'd like to find is a Cohiba (Isom of course) that is worth smoking. I've tried a couple now, and just haven't been impressed.

Other than that what's left....hmmm

PSD 1
Sancho Panza Isom
Bolivar other than the PC

That's about it in the isom.....I've gotten to experience quite a few, and have not found very many I don't like!!

Dave

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
dave97402 said:
One of the things I'd like to find is a Cohiba (Isom of course) that is worth smoking. I've tried a couple now, and just haven't been impressed.
are you sure of the source of your Cohiba's? :?:

I have tried many different kinds - Siglo I,III,IV,V,VI, Robustos, DC, Coronas Especiales - and all have been GREAT! I have also tried a couple of "not-so-sure" of the origin and they were not impressive at all.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'd like to try the PLPC, and the new HDM EL 2004, as well as any Dunhill-Davidof.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Hmmmm...My list goes on and on, every time one of you guys opens your mouth about another great cigar you just had! :shock: :lol:

My short list for the (hopefully) near future consists of:

CoRo and Siglos of the smaller variety
RASS
VR Famosos and Unicos
Party Shorts

I've had right around 4 cubans so far. The only one that did anything for me came from Jerry (RyJ No. 4). But the others were had before I started paying attention with the exception of a Cohiba from a family member that just didn't seem to do anything for me. :dunno:

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
dave97402 said:
I can see how that can happen.. Cohibas that are sick don't show the normal sickness sympthoms.... they don't smell ammoniac... they don't taste harch.. the only thing is they don't taste much at all....they are extremely flat and uninspiring when sick..

I don't know what you have smoked but next time you try a cohiba.. do yourself a favour and make sure it has more than 3 year of age.. and preferably from the standard line... if you then don't like it.. you don't like cohibas... and nothing wrong with that.. tastes are different or there wouldn't be as many different marquees and vitolas :wink:

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
hawkan2580 said:
dave97402 said:
I can see how that can happen.. Cohibas that are sick don't show the normal sickness sympthoms.... they don't smell ammoniac... they don't taste harch.. the only thing is they don't taste much at all....they are extremely flat and uninspiring when sick..

I don't know what you have smoked but next time you try a cohiba.. do yourself a favour and make sure it has more than 3 year of age.. and preferably from the standard line... if you then don't like it.. you don't like cohibas... and nothing wrong with that.. tastes are different or there wouldn't be as many different marquees and vitolas :wink:
Sounds like this is what I had then. The one I had just wasn't impressive. Didn't taste bad, just kinda bland.

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Nothing has come close to the creamy smoothness of the CoRo i had.
It's easy for me to now understand all the Cohiba "hype".

Are there other good cigars? Oh definitely.
Are there any quite like that? Not that i've found.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
gonz said:
Nothing has come close to the creamy smoothness of the CoRo i had.
It's easy for me to now understand all the Cohiba "hype".

Are there other good cigars? Oh definitely.
Are there any quite like that? Not that i've found.
The creamiest (is that a word?) cigar I ever smoked to date is the -98 cohiba lanceros... magnificent morning cigar with a cup of java.... thank God I still got about a box left of them.... :p

It rates 94-95 out of 100 for me... a touch of spice (which it doesn't have) would have put it up to 96-97 bracket.... still, I am very restrictive in my scoring and 94-95 is definitely making into my top 10 of all time smokes. (that I so far have smoked)

Lucas Buck

Sheriff Buck
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Lessee:

Qdo Imperiales
BCG
New Trinis
SP CG
Sublime
Cohiba Piramides EL
Custom Roll (any)