the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
about the Flying Pig?

Is it the same "wrapper/binder/filler" as the rest of the LP9
series? I know most people love them, but some say it's not
worth the coin... (And no i'm not asking anyone to send me
some... I have a few)

Just would like to hear my brother's (that have smoked them)
take on these... :stretchgr

Thanks,

"X"

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
As far as I know, the pig is a slightly modified no.9 blend. I think the unusual shape hikes the price up a bit on these. I have only smoked one, and definitely enjoyed it, but it isnt necessarily a size I prefer.

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Even though I am not a huge fan of the size, I am really looking forward to trying the T52 blend in this vitola.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I didn't care for the Pig... smoked it in a great setting which would normally enhance a smoking experience, but still did nothing for me. I like the Liga line, but will pass on the Pig.

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
I didn't care for the Pig... smoked it in a great setting which would normally enhance a smoking experience, but still did nothing for me. I like the Liga line, but will pass on the Pig.
Funny thing is Ryan... IF Pete made it, i bet your ass would love it!:togetherl

What's your favorite cigar?

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I love the #9, and the FP is my favorite. It has more ligero (and in this case the limited cigar actually uses tobacco that was limited--hence no regular release--though I'm hoping for more next year).

It smokes for about an hour or so, and is spicier than it's regular-line kin. As long as you smoke it at the right pace (a bit slow), the burn is great and it doesn't get too hot. The first half is great, the second half pure bliss. Did I mention I like them. lol?

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Funny thing is Ryan... IF Pete made it, i bet your ass would love it!:togetherl

What's your favorite cigar?
Funny guy you are! :gangfire:

The pig I smoked was actually on our Nicaragua trip that I got from Drew Estates. I really was looking forward to it and smoked it when I was out at the beach. It very well could be that it was a fresh smoke and maybe needed a couple months to mellow out, or the humidity got to it too much. I thought the flavor profile was there that I liked but it was just one dimensional, a little bitter and didn't do it for me. Plus I'm not a big fan of that size so I'll leave it for you guys.

Not sure what my favorite cigar is, but you are right, I like me some Tats. :)

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
I love the #9, and the FP is my favorite. It has more ligero (and in this case the limited cigar actually uses tobacco that was limited--hence no regular release--though I'm hoping for more next year).

It smokes for about an hour or so, and is spicier than it's regular-line kin. As long as you smoke it at the right pace (a bit slow), the burn is great and it doesn't get too hot. The first half is great, the second half pure bliss. Did I mention I like them. lol?
I think you know where this is headed right Nate? :eyebrow: :hammersma

Point well taken my friend and thanks for sharing some insight!

red

beer!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was going to send you some, but you said you werent asking LOL! freaking whooodini

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I think you know where this is headed right Nate? :eyebrow: :hammersma

Point well taken my friend and thanks for sharing some insight!
whoa, hold on there X, lol. Besides, I moved, um, again, like twice since I gave you my addy, yea that's it.

As far as the size, I can see why some people wouldn't like it I suppose. I think it's really fun, it's like OLD SCHOOL cigars from the 20s ... like what you see Jonny Dillanger smoking in old movies and stuff, lol. Or Bluto from Popeye!

I will say that a nubber of some kind, or at least a toothpick, is required as it's tough to hold on to towards the end but there's still plenty of 'baccy to burn. And again, smoke it on the slow side (that's my typical pace anyway).