What's new

What's the best V-Cutter?

cmhicksusmc

Corporal/USMC
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
So a few days ago I purchased a cheapo v cutter to try out. Having never used one before I had to give it a whirl. Needless to say I loved it!!! I was so surprised how darn good the draw was for such a lil cut. So what's the best V-cutter out there? I'm kinda a xikar nut because I own 3 of their cutters and 2 of their lighters but someone recommended a wolf to me. It doesn't have to be xikar but lifetime warranty is quite nice. Thanks for the input.

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Wolf are nice and light and make a good cut. But the Xikar piece is just amazing. Heavy duty metal with a lifetime warranty. It is pricier then the Wolf for sure, but worth it IMO.

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
You buy xikar for the warranty was my understanding.
Que?

I own both. I also lose cutters. Three Wolf's for one Xikar. Same blade, same warranty. Is the Xikar nicer in appearance? Yes. Does it have a better feel? Yes. Are the cuts different? No. Would I take three Wolfs over one Xikar? Yes.

cmhicksusmc

Corporal/USMC
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Que?

I own both. I also lose cutters. Three Wolf's for one Xikar. Same blade, same warranty. Is the Xikar nicer in appearance? Yes. Does it have a better feel? Yes. Are the cuts different? No. Would I take three Wolfs over one Xikar? Yes.
Very well. Thanks for the input. I wish they had a hard wood grain v cutter. That would be nice.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The Best is 'The Boston V Cutter'....the big one will set you back close to $600 while the smaller version called..."The Lil Guy" is around $130. I bought the Lil Guy back in 2000 for $100 and it still works like new and I use it 80% of the time. It's a cat's eye cut which is a cut that scoops instead of just a regular V cut...there is a difference. I own the Lil Guy...the Xikar VX and the Wolf. This is the order of what is the best.

Last edited: