What's new

What's the best V-Cutter?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the Wolf has the same blade as the new Xikar VX V-cutter. the Wolf is also distributed by Xikar and they replace it just like any of their other products. Either cutter is great and I have never used any other kind of cutter that cuts as good as they do, and not just talking about V cuts.

I did a review on the Xikar V cutter on a blog http://www.lasvegashtv.com/index.php/2010/08/review-of-xikars-newest-v-cutter-the-vx-v-cut/ goes into some detail and it has pics of the cutter and a cigar cut by it.

cmhicksusmc

Corporal/USMC
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
the Wolf has the same blade as the new Xikar VX V-cutter. the Wolf is also distributed by Xikar and they replace it just like any of their other products. Either cutter is great and I have never used any other kind of cutter that cuts as good as they do, and not just talking about V cuts.

I did a review on the Xikar V cutter on a blog http://www.lasvegashtv.com/index.php/2010/08/review-of-xikars-newest-v-cutter-the-vx-v-cut/ goes into some detail and it has pics of the cutter and a cigar cut by it.
Wow great review thanks now we need a group buy.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm in for a group buy. I need one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check the auction sites...I've see the Xikar for a really good price.

I've never did the v-cut to a cigar, what's the difference? I hardly cut, mostly punch what does it do for a smoke? What other cuts are there any ways?
A V cut will direct the flow of smoke in a streaming kind of way whereas the straight cut will just allow the smoke to be transferred by how much you draw. Think of it as like one of the sprayers we put on our garden hoses...direct or fine, spray heavy or light, etc.

V Cut
Straight Cut....guillotine
Punch Cut
Dickman Cut...yeah, you read it right. It's a slanted cut at a 45 degree angle

There are others but these are the most popular kind. Experiment with each one and see what you like.

Fia

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Heck yeah. Pretty much anything that the boys recommend I pick up so I'm down for sure. Is love to see lighter and cutter cases embroidered with BOTL.
Give Jill a call at SWAM. Im pretty sure they have some. If not, Tobaccos of Hawaii has for sure.

The Xikar is a rebranded Wolf with an aluminum body.
The Xikar does have a larger opening to accommodate larger RG cigars!:smile:

cmhicksusmc

Corporal/USMC
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Give Jill a call at SWAM. Im pretty sure they have some. If not, Tobaccos of Hawaii has for sure.

The Xikar does have a larger opening to accommodate larger RG cigars!:smile:
Im IN!!! i love giving Jill Business she and Mark are so helpful I love to go when i can. Im still down for a group buy BTW always can use gifts for the brothers lol:bouncetau

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
... I own both. I also lose cutters. Three Wolf's for one Xikar. Same blade, same warranty. Is the Xikar nicer in appearance? Yes. Does it have a better feel? Yes. Are the cuts different? No. Would I take three Wolfs over one Xikar? Yes.
I bought a Wolf a few weeks ago. Tried it for one cut and returned it. The shape simply does not allow a cigar to be inserted far enough into the cutter for the cut to be deep enough to get a decent draw, at least not the cigars that I normally smoke. :dunno: I was going to get a Xikar on the thought that it would work better, but I sort of lost interest and moved on to other toys... :applause:

Fia

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I bought a Wolf a few weeks ago. Tried it for one cut and returned it. The shape simply does not allow a cigar to be inserted far enough into the cutter for the cut to be deep enough to get a decent draw, at least not the cigars that I normally smoke. :dunno: I was going to get a Xikar on the thought that it would work better, but I sort of lost interest and moved on to other toys... :applause:
Just an FYI but the Xikar Vx cutter has a larger opening than the wolf cutter to accommodate up to a 60 rg. Im sure that would allow you to have a deeper cut.

Rating - 100%
152   0   0
V cut was my favorite for a long while when I first started; had a cheap one that did just fine. I got the Xikar V shortly after it became avail to the public. I LOVE the Xikar hands down and still my go to cut/cutter.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i'm thinking about getting the xikar v cutter. i like the v cuts cause my first cigar was cut with one. makes me nostalgic :p