What's new

What's up with TV shows taking so much time between shows?

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Watching 2 new shows, "Once Upon a Time" and "Grimm", and they take a 1 month hiatus. "House" last seen in November won't have a new episode until the 23rd of this month and I'm sure there's a couple of other new shows that I was watching and have forgotten about that have now lost me as a viewer. What's the point? Do they want to lose ratings?

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I am not sure about all but I think most shows take a month off areound the holidays. With people away and most shows only do so many episodes so they make them strech out over the year. JMO

Baldanders

Jim AKA Patty
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
They do it to stretch out the season so they can hit both main ratings months. Those two points are used to set ad rates.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
NBA started, NFL Playoff's, College Bowl Games....way should they take a chance on low rating!

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
That's nothing compared to the breaks you get on AMC and HBO! What's a "mid-season finale"?!

WTF am I supposed to fill my Sunday nights with?! Family?! Bah!

Time to re-up my Warcraft subscription...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shows also sign contracts with the networks for a certain number of shows per season, so they sometimes want to stretch it out as much as possible. Also, some shows will occasionally give new fans a chance to "catch up" if they get popular from word of mouth later on.