What's new

Whats wrong with this picture...

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
i'd save them,,, still waiting for the perfect timing to send out my cellophane-wrapped vanilla-flavored monte 4!!

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Just finished up the one on the right. This was suposedly a Siglo VI

Pre-light inspection was ugly on this dog rocket, big viens, poor cap, ugly wrapper I could see stems in the foot, and the nose was terrible. I will not be putting these in my humidor just because of the smell, it smells almost bitter, a pack of Marlboros smells far better than this stick. The prelight draw was actually decent, but the bitter acid taste was very unpleseant. It lit up fine, the draw was a bit loose but acceptable, but the taste was pretty bad, the first third was very bitter with metalic notes, as I moved into the second third I swear I tasted some cardboard. The ash was grey and flakey. It ran a little bit, but the burn was not horrible. I went ahead and stopped before the final third so I could cut it open, the binder was very thin and veiny, it appeared that there was some long filler in it but it looked like it was wrapped around short filler. Overall rating 3/10, I did not throw up, but would not ever smoke one of these again. A Backwoods seems like an Anejo compared to this stick. I can not imagine anyone would like this stick, it was truely a bad cigar. If this was someones first smoke, and they thought it was a high quality Cuban, they would probably never take up cigars. I have had some decent fake cubans before, infact I still have a few in my humidor, but they were not horrible, just not cubans, probably domicans rebanded or something, but this stick was one of the worst tasting smokes I have had.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Sorry you got a bad lot. People try and be nice and give gifts that they think are special. Its the thought that counts I suppose. Walking thru Puerto Nuevo with Jeff we were constantly acosted with genuine cuban cigars with labels so bad it was sad. The one guy tried to sell us authentic cohiba vanilla flavored cigars. I saw tourist after tourist buying these and others and you know they will be delightedly presented to a cigar smoking friend who will smile and give grateful thanks hoping he doesnt have to light it.

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I wouldn't throw the other two out, they would be in the moochador.

A non smoking friend came back from South America and brought me a fiver of the worst Monte 4s I've ever seen. Every time I talk to him I tell him they were OUTRAGEOUS just F'n OUTRAGOUS...........with the right voice inflection he thinks I mean it in a good way. I don't want to make a guy feel foolish when he's trying to do something special for me. I almost gave it away when he told me of all his planning to smuggle in 5 cigars and how nervous he was. I almost broke up and told him no problem sneakin dog turds in.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
That band on the cigar on the left doesn't belong. I've seen that on a different (other than Cohiba) cigar. I just can't remember which one.
That's the standard (or at least standard look-alike, in this case) Edicion Limitada band. A few different cigars come out each year that are limited editions, as signified by the band. This year's are a PSD5, Monte Sublimes, and I think a Cuaba Piramide.
Last year's (Edicion Limitada 2007) were Trinidad Ingenios, RyJ Escudos, and Hoyo Regalos.

TYLER