What's new

What's your advice on this?

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I recently posted a 10 pack of Monster cigars on the "For Sale" thread and it was deleted for listing above MSRP.
The price I listed was below what I have seen these selling for on the internet.
I would like to hear what you guys feel is a Fair Market Price for them.
It was never my intention to overprice them.
Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated.

The 10 pack consisted of the following full size monsters: 1- Frank, 1- Drac, 1- Face, 1- Wolfman, 1- Mummy, 1- Jason, 1- Jekyl, 1- Hyde, 1- Krueger, 1- Michael.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I don't have an answer for you, brother. But, I would like to know whom on here would the "Fair Price" be up to. I mean, so what if "they" think it's above MSRP. If I'm willing to pay whatever you are asking it's on me.......
Now, if you're on here asking above MSRP every day that's another story altogether.
JMHO.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Well people use internet pricing as a guide of what items can be had for. The Internet is your competition. Unless you have something special no longer made, or an antique. Then the seller sets a price they want, and buyers will maybe buy, or make you an offer.

JMHO.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Yeah, i think that's just E's rules, seems he just wants the place to remain primarily a brotherhood and not turn into mostly a "flip for profit" marketplace.

I thought that price seemed crazy, but I don't know what they go for, and I'm not the target market. May be perfectly appropriate. Personally I don't care either way, whatever people are happy to pay for something is fine with me. My Jimmies remain unrustled.. ;) I just go seek out deals on something else...

Really C.A.S.T. On FB may be your ideal place for something like that.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Yeah, i think that's just E's rules, seems he just wants the place to remain primarily a brotherhood and not turn into mostly a "flip for profit" marketplace.
Exactly... just a rule on BOTL. The BOTL marketplace isn't a place to sell cigars for what the open market is willing to pay, such as FB etc. You are supposed to sell it close to msrp. BOTL is meant to be a place for friends, good discussion etc.

With that said, obviously you aren't gonna offer up a Frank and Boris for $13. To answer your question, I don't know what the market value is on that set.

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
Yeah i think the price was too high and you didnt list your paying price. Krugers are still available so not out of production. Frank drac mummy and wolfman would be the ones bringing the most coin imo. Hyde and jekyl i wouldnt pay for

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
You can list above msrp, no rule saying you can't, but you have to provide information from the "selling above msrp" thread
Fair enough, was just going off memory... But it still goes against the spirit of this forum.

That thread also says: Additionally, if the admins feel or shown proof that you are grossly profiting then you will lose access indefinitely.

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
Fair enough, was just going off memory... But it still goes against the spirit of this forum.

That thread also says: Additionally, if the admins feel or shown proof that you are grossly profiting then you will lose access indefinitely.
if you sell too low under msrp as well you get kicked in the nuts to :)

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
http://www.botl.org/threads/selling-over-msrp.40144/
It’s always wise to read the rules first. As others have stated, this really isn’t the place for flipping cigars. That is what the dozens of Facebook groups are for. If your interest is to make a lot of money off of them, which is fine, go list them on one of them. This is a forum dedicated to fostering relationships with other people who also happen to smoke cigars. That’s why it takes 30 days and 30 posts to even access the marketplace. The guys who join solely to supplement their income selling cigars at a profit usually weed themselves out long before then.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Thanks for all of the input, I very much appreciate it. I'm not out to make a profit off of you guys, I just thought there was someone out there that would want an opportunity to try these HTF sticks.
I have seen Franks selling up around $75 per stick, and Dracs not too far below them... The Face, Wolf, Mummy, and Jason I've seen range from $30 - $45 per stick. The Jekyl, Hyde, Krueger, and Michael are ranging around $12 - $18.
Let me know...