What's new

What's your favorite hot sauce?

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I collect hot sauces and have over 350 facings. My fav is a little habanero number I have sent to a few folks.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
yep! Chuck has quite the collection! i like that red sauce on fish taco's. we call it california hot sauce. the best hot sauce i've had is called Marie Sharp's from Belize. i always bring back several bottles!!

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
there's a little known hot sauce called

Black Widow.

It's got a plastic black spider on the cap.

Hottest stuff i've ever had.

3 drops in a pot of lobster bisque makes it very spicy. Yep, that's right, cream based lobster bisque...3 drops...spicy. HOT even.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I like a lot of different hot sauces. I like them hot but they must have good flavor too. Right now my favorite is Yucatan Sunshine Habanero Hot Sauce. A few years ago I was looking in Publix or Bi-Lo for another hot sauce and this one had a label around it that said "TRY ME", so I was like, OK! The wifey says it burns her face of but on a scale of 1-10 I'd put it at about only 5 maybe 6 for heat (for me anyway) but I think the pepper flavor is great. If you haven't had it, give it a try. :yes:
I do like the Yucatan I have used it in a few dishes as of late.

I also like TABASCO Chipotle Pepper Sauce and Franks Red Hot.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Franks Red Hot is great! Not a lot of heat, but the flavor is great. Plus that's the go-to wing sauce hands down!

I also love Tabasco Chipotle - a good deal of heat and smokiness! mmmm

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Bump... Looking for more sauces past Cholula, Tobasco & Louisianna Hot Sauce. Starting to put it on everything. They lady complains afterwards :rofl: :headroll: :halfgrinw

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Bump... Looking for more sauces past Cholula, Tobasco & Louisianna Hot Sauce. Starting to put it on everything. They lady complains afterwards :rofl: :headroll: :halfgrinw
Good to see this bump since I've never come across this thread. I'm just a Tabasco user myself but I put it on damn near everything I can. Never even really thought to branch out besides the usuals. I'll have to give some of these a try!

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I really loved Franks Red Hot a few years ago, I put it on everything causing alll my meals to taste the same lol.

I havent had Franks in a long time now, I have really been loving Siracha, Habanero Tobasco and there are a couple of other bottles of habanero stuff I have that I cant remember the names atm...

SuperKrishna

Guyanese Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
For a great West Indian selection of dipping hot sauces. . .

For a go to hot sauce, since I'm West Indian, I make my own. Here's the rough recipe
8 lbs of Habanero peppers (Mine are a family hybrid of Guyanese and Trinidadian Habaneros for super fire and fruit flavors)
2 lbs of ripe papaya
4 large mangos (just barely ripe)
1 liter of food grade mustard oil
1 liter of vinegar
1 handful of kosher salt

Working in batches (outdoors wearing a respirator, goggles and double gloved) blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor till smooth. place in a turkey fryer and bring to a boil and cook for 15-20 minutes. Can in sterile jars. An opened jar of this stuff will stay good in the fridge for upwards of a year (mine never last that long). Never leave a spoon in the jar for an extended period of time, 24-48 hours will eat it away. I always use plastic spoons for the stuff.

This sauce has a rich fruity flavor with a heat that sneaks up and stays with you for a while.

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0

I use this sauce. Very spicy, and made from Habaneros. My favorites is the second from the right which is a traditional Mayan hot sauce made from habaneros and indigenous Mexican peppers and spices.

Other than that, I make my own Nuoc Cham sauce (not really hot sauce but kind of) and poor into a large glass container filled all the way to the top with habaneros. Learned the techinique from Montagnards in Vietnam. Me and my buddies have found all kinds of uses for it. Our favorite is fried Texas catfish dipped in the Nuoc Cham.

Oh yeah, of course I also use Sriracha sauce. It is probably the number one sauce used in the house. Can't live without it.

My family also owns the Texas-Texas Brand of salsas and BBQ sauces sold in every Whole Foods, Central Market, and HEB in Texas.

Last edited: