What's new

What's your favorite sub $30 Bourbon or Rye

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
When short on cash (as if any of you would ever be short on cash) what bourbon do you buy. What is your best, cheap say less then 30 dollars a bottle, bourbon or rye?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to beat wild turkey 101. A couple dollars over 30 is four Rose's small batch. And evan William's at $23 per 1.75L is perfect for not drinking your expensive bottles too quick. Good neat as well as on the rocks

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Todd, I saw that bottle last week in a store and laughed out loud. So you dig it, huh?

Regularly available, it would be the same as @unfairtoast , Early Times BiB ($26 for a liter). Periodically available would be the Old Ezra Distiller's Collection at $28.
I found it for $19.99. At first I thought that was ridiculous, then I noticed the cork. I said to myself, "they took the time to put a cork in it instead of a screw top, they must think it's decent. And even if it isn't, the 20 bucks what the heck.
Turns out I'm not the only one that likes it, quite a bit with some friends and we all decided that it was a steal at $20 a bottle. One guy like a little water in his, the other three thought it was fine neat. I've gone through two bottles already.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I found it for $19.99. At first I thought that was ridiculous, then I noticed the cork. I said to myself, "they took the time to put a cork in it instead of a screw top, they must think it's decent. And even if it isn't, the 20 bucks what the heck.
Turns out I'm not the only one that likes it, quite a bit with some friends and we all decided that it was a steal at $20 a bottle. One guy like a little water in his, the other three thought it was fine neat. I've gone through two bottles already.
So glad it was good for you and your crew, Todd. You just never know.

Hopefully no one was too close when I saw it at Binny's. Not only did I laugh, but I went "Woooooolf Mooooon" in raspy, menacing voice with a redneck accent. :giggle:

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
So glad it was good for you and your crew, Todd. You just never know.

Hopefully no one was too close when I saw it at Binny's. Not only did I laugh, but I went "Woooooolf Mooooon" in raspy, menacing voice with a redneck accent. :giggle:
Sipping some right now with a pickaxe churchwarden full of G&H Louisiana Flake after a long day. It is a nice way to unwind.

So, did you pick it up an try some?

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Sipping some right now with a pickaxe churchwarden full of G&H Louisiana Flake after a long day. It is a nice way to unwind.

So, did you pick it up an try some?
I haven't been back to that store since you mentioned that you bought and liked it Todd. I guess for $20 worst thing is I have a conversation piece on the bar, and best case scenario I like it.

Or I could get steak and eggs at the diner. :whistle: ;)

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Last nights pours. You may remember I didn't care much for the 1792 FP the first couple pours. It has definitely improved being open a spell, and I enjoyed it much more yesterday.