What's new

What's your favorite sub $30 Bourbon or Rye

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bulleit is a favorite of mine. I can get it for under $30 when I have a coupon. Although I don't like Rye, I think theirs is priced similarly.
Complete budget is Evan Williams with Cream Soda or Root Beer. Sounds gross, but it's really good.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
For bourbon, I'll echo the ET BiB and Buffalo Trace. Also put Old Forester 100 in that conversation, and maybe Old Grandad 114. I'm not big on Beam products, but that one can hit the spot at times.

For Ryes, OF Rye is the best of the <$30. Surprisingly, the JD Rye sips nicely (discovered this in a blind tasting of low shelf ryes...), and Rittenhouse is a good one. High West is good, but more of a mixer to me. I generally dont prefer the MGP 95/5 sourced stuff.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For rye Rittenhouse is my goto, however wild turkey 101 rye came around my parts recently for 21 bucks a bottle. Pretty tasty. Wild turkey 101, Evan Williams Bib, old granddad bib, and when I can find it,, eagle rare comes in at 30

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Some nice Ezra Brooks and Rebel SiB picks (Distiller's Collection) drop here on occasion, both are solid pours at under $30.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
OK so it's technically a blended whiskey buuuuut I strongly recommend this, especially at around $28. A ton of vanilla/caramel/praline to it.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
OK so it's technically a blended whiskey buuuuut I strongly recommend this, especially at around $28. A ton of vanilla/caramel/praline to it.

View attachment 164639
I'll have to give that a try when I see it at a bar or friend's house. Your description sounds tasty, but in all honesty I haven't heard much else good about this one. Hopefully you're right and they're wrong! (y) :D

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'll have to give that a try when I see it at a bar or friend's house. Your description sounds tasty, but in all honesty I haven't heard much else good about this one. Hopefully you're right and they're wrong! (y) :D
Granted, I'm still new to the bourbon game....but it does seem to me that this one punches WAY above its weight class, and I think that's a huge part of its appeal. I definitely think it's worth a shot, particularly with a dessert cigar!

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Granted, I'm still new to the bourbon game....but it does seem to me that this one punches WAY above its weight class, and I think that's a huge part of its appeal. I definitely think it's worth a shot, particularly with a dessert cigar!
I'll definitely give it a try if the opportunity arises, Carlos, I can't have an informed opinion without some actual experience.

Now exactly what is a dessert cigar? :unsure::LOL:

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'll definitely give it a try if the opportunity arises, Carlos, I can't have an informed opinion without some actual experience.

Now exactly what is a dessert cigar? :unsure::LOL:
:D

Something with heavy chocolate/raisin/etc notes. La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor comes to mind, as does the Ashton Maduro!

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Standard Heaven Hill (now being marketed as “Quality House” ).
Benchmark.
ET Bib
OF Rye. (The standard JD rye is supposed to be great as well)
Evan Williams Single barrel
Store Picks of Elijah Craig or Larceny, Yellowstone or Buffalo Trace
Old Forester 86

And slightly pushing the price point, but Coopers Craft 100..... Wow..