What's new

Whats your favorite thing to eat with your cigar?

sirhchris

If no fit put spit
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So over the weekend I had a Hemingway short story just staring at me, on my counter, waiting to be lit up, as I was cooking bacon and over-easy eggs. I inadvertently left this guy out of my Humidor the night arlier as a "last smoke" before I went to bed. I've been seeing a lot of IG feeds people having their cigars with some kind of coffee, tea even. I tried it, I didn't care for it. I made a pretty stout coffee with baileys irish crème, while it was pretty good, I don't think I'm a fan of cigars and coffee. So what about bacon & eggs, and cigars? BRAHHH!!! This was winners! And Magic happens after I added tobasco to the eggs, everything just melted together. The Hemingway was a lot more smoother than I recall, the creaminess and sweetness in the smoke was much more present. Looks like I found my breakfast pairing(s).

PS. It rained the evening before, so this added a whole bunch of humidity to the house, I don't know how to explain it, but it seemingly made my cigar burn a lot better. My humidor is usually around 67-69, just bordering 70 RH. Hawaii's weather, particularly in Oahu hits anywhere between mid/high 60s to low/mid 70s on a dry day. It was probably like 80-90% overnight - whatever it was, I conclude that cigars are best smoked when it's raining. cheers!

ChipS

Chip
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I always eat before smoking and never smoke while eating. On the 2 occasions where I broke that rule it was less than appealing, wasn't able to enjoy either the meal or the cigar.

sirhchris

If no fit put spit
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only after or before , during isn't appealing or work for me in my experience.
mostly after. I initially wanted to see what bacon and cigars tasted like, since bacon tastes good with just about anything. With the eggs and tobasco, this killed the peppery spice that most cigars have, the egg yolk added to texture and flavor the smoke. I'm a pretty fast consumer only pausing take note of everything, so I was done with be breakfast before I could get into the 4th or 5th hit. This leaves with to think what cigars would be like when you eat a "magic berry".

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
If I really want to experience a cigar, I will smoke a few hours after dinner. Eating will not allow you to really enjoy the cigar on it's own merits.

That being said, if it's not a cigar I want to savor, I often will snack on nuts, chips, popcorn, rice crackers, beef jerky, etc. Cleanse the palate with some root beer, coke, dr pepper, or cream soda, and you're good to go. Meat goes well with cigars too, I've enjoyed any number of BBQ'd meats and hamburgers for dinner while smoking if I'm eating outside.

A good buddy of mine hosts a monthly herf at his place. We had the 50th event recently, and he did an amazing roast, which I quite enjoyed with my cigar.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I almost always smoke after I eat. The few times I smoke and eat is in the winter with some spicy deer sausage we process and smoke ourselves. Goes great with a strong maduro cigar and a beer or root beer.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer to smoke on a full stomach, but that doesnt always work out. If I do eat while smoking its usually candy. I eat a lot of candy anyways throughout my day. I have issues...

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
If I'm having a cigar and it's time to eat, I will do both and I do enjoy it. It allows me to slow down and enjoy both the food and the cigar.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Recently I was grilling some flat iron steak and decided to lite up. I will have to say I think the savoryness of the steak brought some out of the cigar. Normally though I smoke after eating. Though I do like coffee or tea with my cigars. And of course a good adult beverage.

I'd say from the small experience I had I wouldn't hesitate to lite up if I was grilling out and had some good meat to eat with it.

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Only thing I can eat while smoking a cigar is Jerky and then only if i am really hungry. I try to always smoke on a full stomach.