What's new

What's your Golf Ball of choice?

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I wonder if this is some kind of social study type experiment...The results are shocking at least to me thus far.

Here we have a bunch of guys who think almost nothing of lighting up a $15-$25 msrp cigar, but most are searching the bargain bin for the absolute cheapest golf ball they can find.

I would have expected almost the exact opposite :scratchhe
Never lost a cigar.......have lost plenty of golf balls
I think I have even bought some back that I lost the week before..........:applause::peace::dunno:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wait...you mean some of you are actually able to FIND and HIT the ball a second time??

Here we have a bunch of guys who think almost nothing of lighting up a $15-$25 msrp cigar, but most are searching the bargain bin for the absolute cheapest golf ball they can find.
Oh, no argument...but then again, I don't chuck my cigar at a tree, skip it across the cart path, bounce if off the ball washer, ricochet it of the trash basket...then still try to smoke it....:grin:

CaTeacher

BoM May 2012
Rating - 100%
222   0   0
I was playing the Pro V, but lately have liked the feel of the Bridgestone e7. I typically hit the ball rather high and the Bridgestone has a lower ball flight. It's not as soft around the greens like the Pro V, but also isn't a rock.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
My golf ball of choice is ProV1. But in reality, I buy cheap Nikes because I tend to smash them into the woods. I treat myself on occasion but it pains me to drop that kind of coin only to watch the balls fly away, never to be seen again.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I wonder if this is some kind of social study type experiment...The results are shocking at least to me thus far.

I would have expected almost the exact opposite :scratchhe
I don't throw 3-4 cigars in a bucket of water for every one I smoke. ;)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever I find in the woods/bushes/weeds/water. I have not bought a box of balls in a couple of years. That said, I do like the Pro V1s (when I find them), they tend to settle quicker on the greens for some reason.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
I don't play well enough for the ball to make that much difference so usually whatever is cheapest as I lose a lot in the water and weeds :grin:.

Dan

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
ProV1x
Maxfli Revolution was a favorite back in the day... but I don't know if they make them anymore. They were solid, but soft. Sort of the same feel as the ProV1x, and a bit cheaper too.

Though most days I'll play with whatever since I don't play competitively and use it as an excuse to get outdoors, drive a little cart, and drink beer.