What's new

Whats your take on this??

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
dont mind using a bic. a zippo is a no no. id rather use a disposable than a match (yuck!)

cedar strips are kinda cool to use when available. (cigar shops)

just my .02...........

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
zippo's where used for a long time before butane lighters came along, well zippo's and matches, I won't do it though

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
That's a damn good question, Kinda freaky!!

But after looking closer, that would be a her in the gimp suit. but again WHY?

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
....Whats your take on what they say about not using a disposable or Zippos??
I've noticed issues with disposables and Zippos. Not always, but sometimes...

My prefered light in order:
1) cedar strips
2) Butane (colibri always work best for me)
3) match
4) disposables and Zippos, they seem to equally suck.
5) car cigarette lighter.....um... n/m, i'll pass on smoking my cigar.... :nono:

I think its the kind of thing that, until you are told, you dont notice it or care. But once it's in your head, you notice a better light on butane or cedar.... it could be "all in your head"....

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
i guess matches arent that bad if you get the long ones and let em burn way down first. but no way in hell am in gonna use a zippo or a car cigarette lighter!!!!!

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Zippos are nasty but a bic doesn't taint your cigar at all. I love torches, but they don't like to light at my house (7200' above sea level).
I use matches sometimes. Like when it's so cold a lighter won't light.

TYLER

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
The fuel in a zippo will taint the flavor of the cigar and leave residue. Never had a problem with a butane disposable. Its almost a fact of life with restrictions on air travel today. When I land I look around and usually find BIC left at the airport outside. Before I get on the plane, leave it for the next guy. I learned this from a TSA guy.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i guess matches arent that bad if you get the long ones and let em burn way down first. but no way in hell am in gonna use a zippo or a car cigarette lighter!!!!!
Hey guys, new here and this was the first thread I opened. Thought I'd pitch in with an interesting bit of trivia. Car lighters (the ones you push in, then they pop out when hot enough) were originally invented for cigars. That's why they're so big!

Yup, tons of useless knowledge. No useful stuff.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use long wooden matches, as I can't seem to find a good lighter without spending an arm and a leg.

It does tend to aggravate you when the wind is blowing, however.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Hey guys, new here and this was the first thread I opened. Thought I'd pitch in with an interesting bit of trivia. Car lighters (the ones you push in, then they pop out when hot enough) were originally invented for cigars. That's why they're so big!

Yup, tons of useless knowledge. No useful stuff.
Exactly. They're technically called 'cigar lighters'.
Never tried it, though.

TYLER