What's new

Wheelguns anyone?

mercop

Cigar Daddy
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Right is a Ruger Speed Six 357 Mag with a 2 1/4 barrel issued to the DE State Police in 1976 inscribed with "Made in the 200th year of our American Liberty"
Left is my Taurus Model 85 UL with a bobbed hammer and a duracoated finish.
The other picture is me all dolled up for a press conference.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had a Ruger sp101 357, a Dan Wesson model 15-2VH in 357 from the Monson plant, and a C&B in 44. Loved em all but due to unemployment had to sell all but the cap and ball.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always enjoyed wheel guns. My favorite was a Ruger Super Blackhawk with a 10 1/2" barrel. I too had to sell all but one to pay bills.:sadstare:

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I'm diggin' the look of the Ruger.

Not a wheelgun guy myself. I tried really hard to like modern offerings and just can't do it.

Now if we're talking older designs like the Python, Webley, and a few others... I'm totally on board.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Great inscription and nice working collectable. Thanks for sharing the pics.

I enjoy the classic looks of revolvers and one of my personal favorites is the Governor from SW. Definitely not meant for concealed carry :halfgrinw, but a boatload of fun to shoot!

mercop

Cigar Daddy
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I have sold a few to pay bills as well. My Dad told me "Watch out selling your" stuff to pay bills, you won't remember what bills you paid a year later, but will remember what you sold forever"

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I have sold a few to pay bills as well. My Dad told me "Watch out selling your" stuff to pay bills, you won't remember what bills you paid a year later, but will remember what you sold forever"
Sage advice indeed and very well put. I'm glad you still have one on your hip.
No matter what advances may occur in modern pistols, there will always be a spot for the wheel gun.
Great post brother

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Revolvers, absolutely. I, too, like the look of your Speed Six. Nice grip, I've seen them before. Is it a Pachmayr? A good revolver is a damn fine gun.

mwlabel, I right there with you on the Colt Python.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I carry pistols, but I like wheelguns. Mine is a mid-1980's Colt Agent, a slightly lower priced version of the Cobra with a parkerized finish. I have Pachmayr grips on it. My wife has a couple of S&W Detective Specials that were her late father's, one with Pachmayr's and one with the original wood grips + a Tyler T-grip.