What's new

WhEn does the rg increase stop?

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
The cigar world like any other is not immune to fads and I honestly think the big RGs are one. People specially new smokers tend to prefer te larger RGs since it provides a lot more flavors up front unlike the smallers RGs which tend to have subtler flavors.

To each his own the cigar producers need to make a buck as well so whatever keeps good quality cigars flowing is okay by me. Sad to see Havana discontinue some of the smaller RGs in recent years but guess thy supports what Aaron said earlier.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I prefer 38-46rg, but I keep an extremely open mind and try most everything. I even have a few Stuffed Turkeys sitting in my humi. I don't think they have the legs for much more than 3 years, so I'm going to see how a year then two treat it. All things equal though, I probably wouldn't smoke much bigger than a PC for the most part. BUT, all things aren't equal, and I don't want to miss out on great cigars. :)

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Seems like the big RG sticks are showing up more frequently on the auction sites. I'll stick with my lanceros, robustos & coronas! :ccool:

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The real question here is what's the next fad?

At one point perfectos were the norm, at another candelas were the norm. Now it's bigger, stronger cigars... what's next? The only thing that I've seemed to notice is that the "fads" seem to take a long time to change over, seems like a couple/few decades.