What's new

when i started to read this i just knew is was going to be Gurkha Cigars

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
What a crap article. I hate when journalists write an article with no context. How about talking to someone who isn't in direct competition with Cuba?

Also, where does that 10-20% plugged stat come from? Since at least 2010 (and I'd guess 2007 or so) the quality of CCs has been very good.

I agree that the best NCs in the world today can absolutely hold their own against any CCs (I'm not including Gurkha in that group), but to say that it won't impact business is to bury your head in the sand.

A Huge Nerd

Lee-Hair-Oh
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
It's just an opinion piece disguised as an interview. Marketing fundamentals from the same guy who actually convinces some people to pay thousands of dollars for a single stick. I'm not a fan of his cigars, but hats off to him for the publicity machine he has generated.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Gurkha....for the man who has no taste and a cigar that proves it has none as well. Why is it that whenever I see or read an article about Gurkha cigars I want to find a Time Machine and go back to recover what I lost?

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
That right there is a perfect example of what happens when you start believing your own press. Maybe he should learn to focus on the cigar instead of the packaging. He might have more market share by doing that. Just a hunch...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to know how a manufacturer can pretend that its cigars are really high end and then allow them to be sold at such massive discounts. I don't understand that business model.