What's new

Where are the wives at?

Pennywise827

Hot Ketchup
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Wives should have their own sub-forum, and also be blocked from certain areas-threads to maintain the integrity of our relationships....

I wouldnt want my wife here mainly as others have stated due to the marriage-salvaging burying of ones head in the proverbial sands on how much the other spends on clothes/shoes or cigars.

That being said your presence here warms our hearts as you display an interest in what he loves, thus we all smile warmly and secretly wish our spouses cared even a little....when in fact mostly the women that we are married to think we are stupid and childish, and usually only look upon us with barely concealed scorn.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Wives should have their own sub-forum, and also be blocked from certain areas-threads to maintain the integrity of our relationships....

I wouldnt want my wife here mainly as others have stated due to the marriage-salvaging burying of ones head in the proverbial sands on how much the other spends on clothes/shoes or cigars.

That being said your presence here warms our hearts as you display an interest in what he loves, thus we all smile warmly and secretly wish our spouses cared even a little....when in fact mostly the women that we are married to think we are stupid and childish, and usually only look upon us with barely concealed scorn.
Brilliantly stated.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
My wife has said repeatedly that she wants nothing to do with this board after the stories i have told her of the stuff that goes on here.
She also told me that she would just contact people directly if she has questions about cigars i may like or storage.
All that being said, i am always glad to see a wife take an interest in her husbands hobby and not just shake her head in disaproval.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don't dig for dirt on him, but I have been guilty of complaining when I come across some order info. I also realize we each have our own vices/guilty pleasures, so I'm working to accept his, since he's mostly accepting of mine.

I'll try not to make a nuisance of myself, but if I do, just speak up. I don't intend to cause problems.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

And if a sub forum is set up, please make me aware.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
My wife is usually on the couch drinking scotch, knitting a hat or something, and watching Ancient Aliens while I am in the Casa de Fumar (backyard shed renovated into a man cave) smoking cigars, drinking beer, and watching hockey or on the vherf. She wants nothing to do with this forum.
I occasionally show her a funny meme or a @bwhite220 video that is posted. She thinks we're are all basically idiots with CAS, and that bombing BOTL is grown men with a Santa fetish.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol
My wife has said repeatedly that she wants nothing to do with this board after the stories i have told her of the stuff that goes on here.
She also told me that she would just contact people directly if she has questions about cigars i may like or storage.
All that being said, i am always glad to see a wife take an interest in her husbands hobby and not just shake her head in disaproval.
As far as contacting people directly (and discretely) for info on what he likes/dislikes/advice when I can't let him know I'm up to something like I am now, you guys are the ones I'd have to ask, lol! I'm not sure even he would trust his local friends to know that or give me the correct advice. The names I know are of people here, lol!

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife is usually on the couch drinking scotch, knitting a hat or something, and watching Ancient Aliens while I am in the Casa de Fumar (backyard shed renovated into a man cave) smoking cigars, drinking beer, and watching hockey or on the vherf. She wants nothing to do with this forum.
I occasionally show her a funny meme or a @bwhite220 video that is posted. She thinks we're are all basically idiots with CAS, and that bombing BOTL is grown men with a Santa fetish.
Santa fetish, huh?
I've thought a lot of things about this forum from the outside. Ultimately, I am truly amazed by the community you guys have. I'm totally ok with my husband holing up in his shop or office for a vherf knowing he could choose to go to a bar or someone else's house or...
She's REALLY just jealous that there's nothing like this for the ladies, even if she doesn't realize it. I've never heard of a group of women that are willing to forward a beautiful handbag to another woman, without expectation, just to give her a new style of bag to try. So really, the fact that this exists gives me a little more faith in humanity and hope that I can develop better relationships with women with nice handbags...