What's new

Where can I buy aged cigars from ?

RobustoMoe

No1 CC blanket bomber
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ok guys,

Here is the deal. I have been fantasizing about buying a box of cigars produced in 1981 "My birth year" to smoke on every birthday. Searching the net yielded nothing or sites that seems to either be dodgy or offer unknown cigars "to me at least".

Any advice on where I can find these mythical sticks guys ?

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Other than cubans,very little from that year will be worth smoking.Also,in 1981,there were few smokes to chose from that are like the current offerings.
Do yourself a favor and get a box or two of something nice and start from this year and carry them into the next decade or so.....or get the best aged box you can find and enjoy.....

RobustoMoe

No1 CC blanket bomber
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Other than cubans,very little from that year will be worth smoking.Also,in 1981,there were few smokes to chose from that are like the current offerings.
Do yourself a favor and get a box or two of something nice and start from this year and carry them into the next decade or so.....or get the best aged box you can find and enjoy.....
Yeah.. I guess getting something with some age/age i.e Cohiba Pyramids EL 2006 would be a more realistic option

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Another idea would be to get some good bottles of wine from 1981 to celebrate your next few birthdays.

RobustoMoe

No1 CC blanket bomber
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Another idea would be to get some good bottles of wine from 1981 to celebrate your next few birthdays.
hmmm nice idea but I'll have to acquire the taste for wine. Not that sophisticated I am afraid. I am more of a brewski person :blob:

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Finding cigars from 1981 would be difficult not only due to rarity, cost, etc. but also Cuban boxes didn't have date codes at that time so it would be nearly impossible to verify that those cigars were actually from 1981. General cigars from that time period are just pegged as "early 80s"

RobustoMoe

No1 CC blanket bomber
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Finding cigars from 1981 would be difficult not only due to rarity, cost, etc. but also Cuban boxes didn't have date codes at that time so it would be nearly impossible to verify that those cigars were actually from 1981. General cigars from that time period are just pegged as "early 80s"
Thanks for the heads up bro

Sorry can' t help but I would like to comment that is a nice idea.
No problem brother. It is a nice thought to smoke a cigar from your birth year for the next 25 years, isn't it ?

In my research I came across this information for you.

http://www.vendettablu.com/

You may want to call this shop.

Take a look at the Yelp Reviews.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/vendetta-mens-apparel-and-vintage-cuban-cigars-san-francisco
Thanks for the heads up. Will give it a shot when I finish work

Good luck!

Thinking a variation with my kid's birthdays might be doable on my end... nice idea.
Well, I was thinking of investing in different boxes for different annual occasions. ie:

1- My wedding anniversary is on 14/03/2008 (easy) ---- Cohiba Siglo 6 (yet to be aquired)

2- Children Birthdays (none yet) (easy) ---- yet to be decided

3- My Birthday ---- Something from early 80s (tough ask) or if worse come to worse a Cohiba Pyramids LE 2006 (somewhat tough)

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I was thinking of doing something similar instead was thinking of finding some pre-Castro's for my birthday and picking out a box from last year as an anniversary cigar. As it turns out the pre-Castro's are too expensive and I have a box lying around from 2008 as an anniversary cigar.