What's new

Where do you get your news

dpmrpa

Indiscriminate Bomber
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
The Right, the Left. Where can you get real news without the lean toward any side.
It was stated yesterday that Fox news viewers dont get reliable news.
I watch both MSNBC, Fox and CNN. What do you guys watch, and why?

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
That is funny. I thought they were "Fair & balanced"? I get my news from the internet. I am also a member of some boards that talk politics in the off topic room. Those guys come up with quite a bit of info to make you think. When I read something and want more I go find more info about it. I only watch our local news.

There is so much info out there. Theoff big news sources are no longer reporting to us. They are someone else's agenda. Just my opinions.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
most of my "news" i get from the internet. ALL of the networks are biased. not only in their politcal agendas, but also in what they consider to be NEWS. the choices they make as to what they cover and what they ignore are as big a scandal to me as how they tend to tilt what they do report.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
PBS Newshour.

Real news, covered in-depth, with analysis from experts on both sides of the issue.

I like that they don't pander to me like I'm an idiot, and they don't try to tell me who I should be angry at, or who I should vote for.

-Charles

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
most of my "news" i get from the internet. ALL of the networks are biased. not only in their politcal agendas, but also in what they consider to be NEWS. the choices they make as to what they cover and what they ignore are as big a scandal to me as how they tend to tilt what they do report.
I get my news from Bob. He never posts up anything but the truth. Other than that I listen to almost nothing but talk radio. If I hear something that catches my attention I go search for it on the net. At work we have FOX on mainly because I cant stand Constantly Negative News. Every source has a slant and a bias but at least the Big Networks don't call you a moron if you don't side with them like people on the internet do.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
A lifelong conservative (flscally, at least...I do waver a little bit on social issues, but I digress).....I'm a little surprised when I look back at last year and realize that I probably get majority of my news from NPR, which I'd always figured was pretty left-leaning. I'm appreciative of the balance I've found there for the most part.

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
A lifelong conservative (flscally, at least...I do waver a little bit on social issues, but I digress).....I'm a little surprised when I look back at last year and realize that I probably get majority of my news from NPR, which I'd always figured was pretty left-leaning. I'm appreciative of the balance I've found there for the most part.
I'm a (fiscal) conservative and like NPR as well, though I don't drive anymore so don't have time to listen. :)

I mostly get my news from blogs and newspapers. The Wall Street Journal is the paper I read cover-to-cover most often. For blogs, it's Megan McArdle, David Frum, Ta-Nehisi Coates. No TV at all. The interns at work also put together a list of articles every day for us, which is helpful.

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I get all my news from the only reliable news source: The Factzone on ONN. Brooke Alvarez makes all others cry and beg for mercy at the site of her truth!

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
WSJ and CNBC - I mostly check for current business events, and real political events (i.e. positions/actions on foreign trade, regulation, etc. - not who sneezed sideways in a cabinet meeting and forgot to say "excuse me" or whatever the latest scandal is)

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I don't rely on any one source. I visit all the major network news CNN, MSNBC, FOXNews, CBS also visit BBC and Reuters. I also watch the PBS news hour and PBS Frontline, then i check my favorite podcast NoAgenda.
[YOUTUBE]MTN3s2iVKKI[/YOUTUBE]

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I try to stay away from the major networks. It really irks me when they have guests that don't share their views and rather than have an intelligent conversation about the subject there is a lot of shouting an interruptions. I guess I'm with most of you. IMO PBS,NPR, and the BBC do the best job covering the news.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
PBS, BBC, France 24, WSJ, and Aljazeera.

I get all my news from the only reliable news source: The Factzone on ONN. Brooke Alvarez makes all others cry and beg for mercy at the site of her truth!
Nice:thumbsup: Can't believe I didn't have this bookmarked on my favorites.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
NPR, Wall St. Journal, NY Times, a bit of the Arizona Republic, the Phoenix New Times, and miscellaneous internet sites. Never Fox News, MSNBC, CNBC, etc.

WkndSmoker

Short Story
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Basically where I hear it first, then will explore. I listen to the local talk radio news each morning on my drive to work, this is my introduction to what is going on. I am more interested in community news than national. I check my local newspaper's site and our local CBS station daily on the internet. If something is breaking news I typically hit CNN first, as they typically are the first to report, however are notorious for mis-reporting, but just to confirm something has happened, they are great for that, if celebrity news, TMZ does very well covering this and will check there. Follow up my local CBS station does pretty good getting the details correct, sometimes are slow to report but the story is generally true, then will hit ABC news, Fox news to follow up. I never sit down and watch the news though, generally with my method have heard the story before anyone else knows. During football season I do watch the Friday night broadcast of my CBS station, they cover highschool football and have for years, so I typically watch that broadcast.