What's new

where do you guys get rare-ish cigars

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
and I am not even talking about cigars that are almost impossible to get.
I have been browsing the web like crazy trying to find sources for different well known smokes.

I have meanwhile tried many great cigars, so far I am loving any of the Af Hemmingways and ost of all the Padron 64's, but I am having a hard time finding opusX, god of fire, padron 1926, Anejos and the like. Do you guys also have a hard time finding cigars of that caliber or is it just because I am too new and don't know where to look. Don't even get me started on finding CC's.

Now that I know how good those Padron 64's are, I would just love to get my hands on all the other nice brands, my B&M has a good selection but non of the ones mentioned, the one store that carries an OpusX has them for around $30-40 each.
I tried Cbid, but so far lost twice on god of fire cigars, they ended up selling fo over $40 a piece.

Any help, websites/links would be appreciated

thank you much

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
if you want hemi's and padron 64's and 26's, i know holts usually has a good supply of them. and last i saw, they had a sampler that included an anejo, but that was a few weeks ago.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I would help, but the computer that had all my n/c vendors on it crashed a little while ago. I couldn't remember them for the life of me.

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Never, I repeat never should you attempt to procure GOF, PAN/PAMs, Anejo, Opus or the like at Cbid. It is good for getting some things below MSRP but not, well should I say never the afore mentioned brands. Anejos and maduro Hemingways will always be a challenge to find, but with them it's not so much where you look as when. They are holiday release (Christmas and sometimes around fathers day). Opus comes out quarterly and are fairly easy to find. PM me and I will give you some names of some stores in my area that stay stocked pretty much year round with them. As long as you have a credit card you should be fine. In general your statement about being new and not knowing where to look is more true than you can imagine. The more you hang around cigar bb's the more will be revealed in round about ways in time...especially when it comes to CC's. In a year you'll know about as much as anyone about where to get stuff. Hope this helps, but until then don't
-----> :cryloud:

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Those high end smokes really are hard to find on the web...it's not just you.

Holt's is probably your best bet.

That or a BOTL that lives near a killer B&M.

Texas Cop

Cavalry Scout
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Serious almost always has most things you could want...Ron runs a great shop! If you are ever in the Houston are, you should definately stop by his shop for a smoke!

drew

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Barclay Rex has all the the opus on thier site when they get released, but the prices are a little above MSRP on the more "rare" releases. It's not the best place to order from but if you really want the cigars and willing to pay the extra cash, they are the place to go to.

They do sell the 8-5-8 SG's for right around $100 when the do get them in though.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Barclay Rex has all the the opus on thier site when they get released, but the prices are a little above MSRP on the more "rare" releases. It's not the best place to order from but if you really want the cigars and willing to pay the extra cash, they are the place to go to.

They do sell the 8-5-8 SG's for right around $100 when the do get them in though.
They have Opus X Belicoso XXX for $212 for a box of 42? Link

Is this right? $5 a stick???

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I saw it but couldn't order it. There was some error on the site. Was gonna split'm up.