What's new

Where to buy the goods for a cooler

pdonlin

aka Tumbleweed
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm thinking about picking this up http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3512888

$40 seems reasonable and its 120qt. For the price of one 150qt I could get two of these.

But, where does everyone get their cedar for putting inside the cooler? I know I could buy some cedar boxes, but is there a good place to just buy some small sheets that I could maybe line the cooler with? Whats the best option here?

Thanks for the input!

Jagstownville

Voodoo Mafia Family Inc.
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Run a search on here for Ceder and Humidors.... There have been a couple of really good threads started and some great information that will help you!!!

Good Luck.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Bargainhumidors.com sells the sides and the bottom...but you'll need the dimensions. They don't build the top b/c every cooler's top is different.

pdonlin

aka Tumbleweed
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Jagstownville said:
Run a search on here for Ceder and Humidors.... There have been a couple of really good threads started and some great information that will help you!!!

Good Luck.
:blush: I probably should have searched for that first... I searched for a couple different combinations of cooler but didn't get a whole lot back. I'll checkout your link Jason, thanks.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
If you have any trouble finding them, just shoot me a pm. I think it's like 30 bucks and some change for the 5 pieces. Good deal though if you wanna line your cooler with some nice cedar.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Thanks for the info, I'm in need of the same thing ......:thumbsup:

pdonlin

aka Tumbleweed
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I wasn't able to find any cedar on their website, but then again for $30 I might rather just get some cedar boxes. The cooler won't look that fancy anyway so it isnt like the inside needs to be dressed up.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Wow, sorry about that. I just looked at the site, and they must have taken down the cedar offering. They were selling it less than 2 months ago when I was looking for shelves myself. That's too bad, sorry for the bogus info!

pdonlin

aka Tumbleweed
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'll give it a shot. I don't do alot of business there, I think in total I've shopped there three times. That might matter, but then again, chances are good that the boxes just get thrown away.

I guess if that fails there is another larger store about 30mins from me (they have 3 walkins vs 1) and they probably move more product through there.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
dude, if they won't give you some or at least sell them to you really cheap, let me know and I'll pick you up a few and ship them to ya!

Jagstownville

Voodoo Mafia Family Inc.
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Headbanger said:
Same thing, maybe that is why I rarely buy there :argh: . I found a bunch online from Ebay. Nice offer from the brothers.
Well, sometimes when you support a local B&M frequently, they may be more likely to 'help' you out. I stopped by mine the other day and he gave me a couple and said "no charge", so I ended up buying like $20 worth of sticks. :thumbsup: Seems to work for me.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Yep, support the store and they support you. You shouldn't be expecting freebies right off the bat.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I picked up some nice non oozing (non sap cedar) off of ebay. Did a search and picked up 4-5 nices sized pieces pretty cheap. They were almost the right size. I just use them as shelves in my 165qt igloo. Cut them a bit and sanded the edges and they fit perfect. You really do not need to line the cooler with cedar. As everyone said, empty boxes do the trick just fine. I just have some cedar shelves as I stood my cooler up to save some space in my closet, but with a pound of beads, the cooler holds temp/humidity like a rock.
Just MO!