What's new

Where to find distilled water??

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys - I've just moved to Seattle and need to re-humidify my humidor beads. But I can't find any good distilled water.

I've checked five stores and only can find it in cheap plastic milk-jug-type containers, and...it smells and tastes plastic-y. I certainly don't want to infuse all my cigars with the delicious aroma of...plastic.

Any ideas where to look? Any suggestions would be most appreciated!!

Many thanks,
David

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've been using the milk jugs for a while now without any difficulty. If you're really driven, you could always distill your own water. :) Though I think it'd be more trouble than it's worth. lol.

Are you simply new to Seattle or are you new to the state?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You could always distill your own. Although your neighbors may think you are cooking up some hooch.

How about maybe buying some 50/50 propelyne glycol (sp?) solution? I have never used it, but that may be helpful.

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Rite Aid. I work in a Rite Aid Pharmacy, and we sell distilled water. Crystal Lake is the brand I believe. Store brand, works great.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
I think the plastic smell you get is from the actual container....Don't think the water has much of this smell infused in it. I have been using this for years as well...Arrowhead is the brand I usually try to get if available.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I like jugs :)

And welcome to Seattle! You should drive south and hang out at Smokey Joe's in Tacoma/Fife sometime.

A great shop in Seattle just south of the stadiums is J&J Cigars. They are the shop that has the Tatuaje SODO and the owner John is a good dude.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys - thanks for all the info! I won't worry about using the "milk-jug" bottled distilled water then...

And thanks for the Seattle welcome! Though originally from MI (& NH respectively), my wife and I just moved here from the SF Bay Area...I'll have to check out the good local spots mentioned...

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I've only ever used the distilled water from the bottle and like the others in this thread I've never had a problem. It's cheap and does the job, I suggest springing for it!

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
I have a jug I got from Wal-Mart. It's lasting forever since I only have a desktop and a modified Sterilite container. Don't use much. Had an issue with a weird smell a while back, but it was briefly and didn't effect the cigars...and I'm not entirely sure where it came from :dunno:.

Dan