What's new

Where to get fresh roasted coffee?

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
Lots of suggestions here, thanks everyone. I wish shipping on these sites wasn't so expensive!

I found a local place called Flatiron Coffee. I'll give them a shot this saturday. Their roasts look really good!
Try Coda downtown. They always have me a deal when I went and picked it up.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
@Wicket I have too many hobbies as it is man. I've looked at roasting coffee more than a few times in the past, I just don't need to get involved in anything else. I'm stretched thin already!
You can always have to hobbies taking place at the same time......roasting while you enjoy a nice cigar! Home roasting really is a pretty simple thing and doesn't take that up much time. From setting up to roasting a weeks worth of coffee to tear down and I'm done takes me about 30 minutes and I still have half of a cigar to finish smoking.

Home roasting is much cheaper than buying roasted beans and the coffee will be the freshest that you will ever drink. I've been roasting for about 11 years and in that time haven't drank a cup of coffee that has been older than 7 days old from green bean to the cup. Nothing better than the freshest of coffee!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
@Wicket , turns out the coffee at Flatiron Coffee in Boulder is roasted by Coda. Pretty cool. I got a pound of Ethiopian but I also got a quarter pound of something that had "pipe tobacco and cedar" in the coffee's description! Definitely drinking that tomorrow morning :)

@JgButler , damn that's not a bad idea at all! How loud are these machines as I'm in an apartment with neighbors above and below me.... Would be kind of cool to roast my own beans! Though winter is coming so I may need to wait until spring?

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
@Wicket , turns out the coffee at Flatiron Coffee in Boulder is roasted by Coda. Pretty cool. I got a pound of Ethiopian but I also got a quarter pound of something that had "pipe tobacco and cedar" in the coffee's description! Definitely drinking that tomorrow morning :)

@JgButler , damn that's not a bad idea at all! How loud are these machines as I'm in an apartment with neighbors above and below me.... Would be kind of cool to roast my own beans! Though winter is coming so I may need to wait until spring?
Very cool Jim! Roasting isn't that loud at all think popcorn popping. I roast 1/2lb in less than 13 minutes I'm my behmor and when I started with the air popper I was doing a 1/3 cup of beans in about 6-7 minutes. Coffee was 15.00+ a lb and now Im spending 4.50-6.00 lb and 20 minutes time.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'm not sure about all of the different roasters. I have two ways that I roast. I roast most of the time with a West Bend Original Poppery and when it gets to cold to roast outdoors I roast with a Behmor. Neither of them are that noisy. The Poppery expels all of the chaff from the beans during the roast though so it is definitely an outdoors roaster. The Behmor is a drum roaster and keeps the chaff contained but will put off some smoke. I either roast inside under the range hood vent or do it out in the garage with Behmor once it gets cold.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've got a "Gene's Roast" which is a drum roaster. I roast 200 grams in about 16 minutes. I prefer a full city (medium) roast which brings out the varietal of the bean origin. Roast it much longer you burn it and it tastes like Starbucks.