What's new

Where's the Dunhill?

Cravate

The other Brown Meat.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lately I've noticed that Dunhill brand tobaccos have been getting harder and harder to find, be it J&R Cigars or a local B&M. Is this a problem only in the U.S. or is there something going on with Dunhill?

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Dunhill itself is really no longer in the tobacco business. The Dunhill tobacco brand is owned by British American Tobacco - with the blends themselves made by Orlick in Denmark. The US distribution of Dunhill tobacco has been owned by Conwood (an RJ Reynolds company) for the last couple of years. As they would rather concentrate on cigarettes + snuff (more profit), they have said their distribution of pipe tobacco will cease in July 2008. So, until a new US distributor is found, the supply of Dunhill tobaccos will be fairly scarce.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I know my wife's jewelry company decided to carry their lighters and pens. Asked me to help set up a display. We were in the process of ordering the cigars when they pulled the account. Said they are downsizing.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Important Information about Dunhill Tobaccos: There are rumors flying around about the Dunhill Tobaccos. Some of these include the discontinuation of these fine blends. I have spoken to many industry experts and the overall feeling is that there may be a period of time where inventory is short and pricing may increase. I don't believe, at this point, that the manufacturer is going to stop producing these tobaccos. That being said, the issue is going to be at the distribution level. As I receive more information I will post it here.

In the short term we may have to limit the quantities."

Bob Gates, E-Commerce Manager, Pipes and Cigars

Sounds more reasonable and less scary. :D

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
The only thing i'll miss is the cigarettes. Those Dunhills are the best. 95&#37; pure tobacco.