What's new

Which 2 and why?

carholio

Carl
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
If you had a choice from the list below but could only pick 2 what 2would you choose - and why? What about them makes you like them more?

PSD4
RASS
H. Up Mag 46
Monte #4

Thanks

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
PSD4- classic and one of the fullest bodied CC's. It's what I call the quintessential Cuban profile. Tiny bit of pepper and chocolate with sweet hay and vanilla flavor.

RASS- another classic. Consistently a great cigar. A little deeper and darker than the PSD4, with a bit more cocoa and Graham flavor.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Same two as above, PSD4 and RASS. They fit right in my wheelhouse as far as both vitola and flavor profile. The Mag46s I've found can be inconsistent, and the monte4 although a nice smoke is a bit too small for my liking (if I had to choose)

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Easy choice for me!!

Mag 46 -- you'll want 3-years of age or so for these to really shine, but they are outstanding. Medium-full bodied, just tons of flavors (earthy, woody, coffee) with plenty of spicy/peppery notes for a Cuban.

RASS -- delicious. Unique floral and fruit profile, creamy thick smoke. The 2010s are just off the charts good.

I think that PSD4s can be great, but I've had some inconsistency issues. Haven't had any from 2010-on, though. Monte #4s are the best selling cigars in the world, and are therefore mass-produced in Cuba. If you get a level 7 roller who does your box, you're in for some great sticks. But it's more likely you'll get a level 1 or 2 who doesn't know what they're doing.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Monte 4- nice earthy flavor. Perfect profile for what I like

RASS- this one was my first CC and it was exactly what i expected. An amazingly smooth, balanced cigar. unfortunately in the 7 years I've been smoking this was one I've never stumbled upon again. I have only smoked the one but I remember it like it was yesterday. I heard the angels singing in my head and the fireworks going off lol One day I'll enjoy it again like the first one!

(sorry for the ridiculous story)

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
PSD4 and the Mag 46s. Both have been great with a couple of years rest. (09s are on fire) Rass need 4 years plus imo and the Monte 4 still fails to show me a good box. (Production wise)

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
RASS and Mag 46 with age.
RASS are good now, and don't seem to need a lot of age to be excellent.
Mag 46 definitely need a few years, but can be pretty damned good.
I am biased because I have never had a PSD4 that wowed me. They have been good, but nothing good enough to buy a box, plus I just haven't found a Partagas that I have really liked. I am like JFire, I have yet to find consistant Monte 4's, these seem to be the hardest stick to get a good box from. When they are good, they are excellent, but you need to get lucky.
Also like the RASS and 46 sizes.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
PSD4, and Mag 46.

...and the Monte 4.

...and the RASS.

WHAT KIND OF GAME IS THIS? I DO NOT LIKE IT! :D

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I don't think I could narrow this down to two....3 of my favorite smokes are in your list. I posted a similar PSD4 vs Mag 46 thread a while back and although I was looking for one suggestion of the 2, someone (of course) suggested a split....and that's what I did. And was very happy w/ the result.

Thus, find two buddies....and buy a box each of RASS, PSD4, and Mag 46.

Everyone gets 25 smokes (8-9 of all 3) and you get some variety for roughly the price of one full box. If you find you're winner (or two, or even all 3) from there, then ya stock up.

That's what I wish I would've done more often...if I could go back in time that is. My .02 worth.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I ALWAYS suggest try a box split with others especially if new like you appear to be. That way you get to try more things and make your own decision for next time. You could post in trader section ISO (In Search Of) ask for a 5 pack of those, then buy a box for yourself. Good luck and enjoy the journey.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
All 4 are good smokes

But if I could only pick 2 I'd opt for the RASS & PSD4's

carholio

Carl
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I ALWAYS suggest try a box split with others especially if new like you appear to be. That way you get to try more things and make your own decision for next time. You could post in trader section ISO (In Search Of) ask for a 5 pack of those, then buy a box for yourself. Good luck and enjoy the journey.
Since i'm new here i read over the ISO rules and it said no cc are to be listed. I would probably go that route but.....

Thanks everyone for all the input. I'm going to pick 2 for now and then get the other 2 later. I think am leaning towards the RASS & Mag 46 for the first round.

Thanks again.