What's new

Which cigar(s) exemplify leather taste?

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I think leather is the first flavor a new(er) smoker will be able to identify. There are a ton of smokes that I have smoked when I was just getting into it and my notes on them almost always had the flavor of leather in them. For anyone who can't seem to find it, find some raw leather and chew on a small piece of it, and I bet you'll pick up that taste on your next smoke.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
thanks for the advice everyone. i have a lot of these cigars so i will pay more attention next time i smoke. oliva v is one of my favorites, but i get more of the cocoa flavor than leather. I just might have to chew on a baseball glove. thanks again!

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
thanks for the advice everyone. i have a lot of these cigars so i will pay more attention next time i smoke. oliva v is one of my favorites, but i get more of the cocoa flavor than leather. I just might have to chew on a baseball glove. thanks again!
perfect. cut about an inch off of one of the laces and chew on it for a sec. that will let you know what Leather tastes like, instead of just knowing the smell. I chewed the laces on my gloves every season. Then they made me catcher, and I couldn't get the glove in the mask, so I had to stop.

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Man! You hit it right on the head brotha ! I smoked the little petite corona tubo
last year that I got from a liquor store for about 3.00. If you want leather,
definitely can't go wrong with those!

Yeah opus is a good one. Ecuadorian habano wrappers also give of a good leathery flavor.

Bit if you really just want to taste leather and only leather try a partagas spanish rosado.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I wanted to come back to this post just to see how many different sticks are listed. It really does show that taste is a subjective thing. :cbig:

jjon90

CRA Member
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I have yet to chew on a piece of leather so I would not know how it tastes!:headroll:

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
As promised, i said i would post the results of last night's Oliva V figurado. I was able to pick up the leather notes on this vitola. It was more earthy and woodsy than my usual lancero. Maybe I was concentrating more, maybe it was the figurado vitola, or maybe it was in my head; but the leather flavor was there. I am going to pay more attention to that leather when i smoke the other recommended cigars. Thank you all for your thoughts.