What's new

Which cigar...

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
was presented to you by a BOTL and you know you will never smoke it cuz it has to much meaning?

Mine is a 1986 Monte #5 given to me by Rayment when he came by to visit. It was the first of 2 meetings and the cigar will remain in my humi indefinitely.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I'll never save tobacco ... it was meant to be smoked.

Maybe a better "remembrance" would be a picture of you and Rayment smoking together + the cigar band from this Monte 5 mounted in a nice frame.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
tedski said:
I would agree. I saved a '98 fundie gifted by a BOTL earlier this year and smoked it on Thanksgiving of this year. I had been looking forward to it for a LONG time... and it ended up being plugged...

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
tedski said:

Maybe a better "remembrance" would be a picture of you and Rayment smoking together + the cigar band from this Monte 5 mounted in a nice frame.
I like the way you think!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Same here, there aren't any that I won't eventually smoke. I have a Toboada and a '91 Monte gifted me by a great Texas BOTL that I have been looking at for awhile, but they will meet the torch somewhere down the road. He had gifted another but it went down as a celebration smoke for a very excellent occasion!

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Ok. Who is gonna call Rayment and tell him to drive back to Virginia from Mississippi so I can snap a picture??

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
i was gifted some old sticks :roll: by a weirdo you all know, he's a moderator at a board you all post at :roll: probably tasteless, and dried up :lol:

i'm sure they'll be smoked, i just have'nt been able to do it yet.
anything else is fair game.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
All cigars I have will be smoked at one time or another. Got some pre-embargo cigars that I sort of hold on to for special occassions. I got a bunch of cigars from 1970 (the year I was born) that I smoke on my birthdays and lastly I was gifted a Dunhill estupendo that will be a special occassion cigar.. not sure which special occassion yet.. so that one would probably classify to staying in the humi for a while ha ha..

:roll:

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I agree, all cigars are meant to be smoked. Some just deserve a real meaningful occasion for that to happen.

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
hawkan2580 said:
I got a bunch of cigars from 1970 (the year I was born)
Holy Smoke! 1970!! :shock:
How are they?? I have to assume most excellent, else you'd no longer be saving them right? Man, that theres some OLD tobacco!

A BOTL sent me some 10 year aged pipe tobacco...
Glad he only sent a little, i smoked a bowlfull and it really kicked my ass!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
gonz said:
hawkan2580 said:
How are they?? I have to assume most excellent, else you'd no longer be saving them right? Man, that theres some OLD tobacco!

Well.. since I wasn't the care taker for these during the ageing process.. some are duds and some are extremely good.. no way of telling before lighning up.. it is all in how they've been stored.. when properly looked after they can be absolutely etheral but they can also be like smoking a shoe sole..

I have only had one dud since I started smoking these on my birthdays..

I now got enough of them from 1970 to see me through to my 50th birthday.. ie 15 sitting in the humidor.. not the same marquee.. and some marquees long gone from the market... so just the fact that you are smoking not only seriously aged cigars but also cigars that no longer are produced makes it a celebration occassion in itself.. My routine is to start the day with smoking one of these with some water to really get the full detection of flavours going.. these are not to be smoked after few to many drinks (that's when the RyJ cazadores comes out.. that one can cut through the most drunken stage ha ha)

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I'm going to make this real eazy...If you gift me a cigar...I'm going to smoke it, no question...It makes no difference to me if it's a great cigar or not....I will always have a treasured memory of the gift and the cigar....when our days on earth are short all we will have are the memories anyway, nothing else matters as much...I will never have my wife's boyfriend smoking a special memory between me and another fine BOTL.....Bman

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
gonz said:
hawkan2580 said:

You youngsters have a better chance of this than I. 1956 is a hard year to find.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always smoked the "special" cigars, but like some have said, on a special occassion or day. I do like the idea of the picture, framed, with label.....cool idea!!

dave

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Bman said:
I'm going to make this real eazy...If you gift me a cigar...I'm going to smoke it, no question...It makes no difference to me if it's a great cigar or not....I will always have a treasured memory of the gift and the cigar....when our days on earth are short all we will have are the memories anyway, nothing else matters as much...I will never have my wife's boyfriend smoking a special memory between me and another fine BOTL.....Bman
Right with the Bman. You want me to save one to look at, send 3! :lol:

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
No question it should get smoked... just a matter of when.
if it's already got three or more years years on it, whats another year or two, right?

Lucas Buck

Sheriff Buck
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Never say never but I have kept the four sticks that were gifted to me the first time I met a BOTL from CP just after I joined. I was completely blown away as I was as yet unaware of the generosity so prevelant in our community. The sticks were a PAM, VSG, OPUS and '98 SLR PC.